Is this normal?

Miissy

Hello all!

Is it normal for a female (or male) to go through phases in a relationship? What I mean is, in my case, I will be incredibly lovey to my guy. I will want loves, kisses, hugs, and we just have a great time, no arguments, nothing. This may last a month, a few weeks, whatever. Then it will change to where everything he does irritates me! We argue. Usually this lasts for a short period of time. During this time, I really don't want to be around him, but it isn't that I don't love him.

Normal? And no this isn't due to hormones, I'm on a continuous birth control.

Thanks so much!

I think it's fairly normal. There are times I'm like this too, and have always been this way in my previous relationships.

I think it's also depends on my menstrual cycle too, I can be more b***hy and everything will annoy me.

Other times, I'm just having a bad day.

I've noticed most women have times like this.

It doesn't make any sense to men, nor do we like it, but we get that it's going to happen.

Try to be as nice as you can to him during these times. If he's not a horrible person usually he probably didn't suddenly become one overnight.

Thanks for the replies! Glad to know I'm not crazy!

The only thing with him is when I tell him I'm not in a good mood, he digs to find out why. I tell him that I don't know why, and he says I must. Then sometimes it turns into an argument because I'm already irritated! Haha. How do I explain to him that when I'm in a bad mood, I just am. He also doesn't back off during "the time of the month", and I can get especially emotional/ * * * * * y. How do I get him to understand to back off a bit!?

Thanks

Archived