Women, how much younger would you date?

Bismark776

So I'm 24 and am taking a graduate course, working on my M.A. in history, and I met a girl in that class. Turns out she knows a lot of the same people I know and a couple of my friends who are the alumni board with her convinced her to grab drinks with us tonight (on my behalf although they didn't tell her this). So we got to talking, there was definitely some chemistry there, we have a lot of similar views and some similar interests it seems. The only thing is, I come to find that she's 33. While I feel like I'd be ok with dating an older woman, even one that much older, I just can't imagine she would be ok with dating me. You just don't see women dating that much younger, especially if the guy isn't 30 yet. I'm very mature for my age group but still, I don't know if its even worthwhile to give it a try if shes not going to go for it.

So women, how much younger would you date? Would you date a guy 9 years your junior if he was interested and you knew there was some chemistry there? Obviously this question isn't directed at teenagers and early 20's, more to women in their 30s although if you're younger and want to chime in on how you'd think you'll feel when you're older please do.

Being a guy I can't really comment on your question. But in my experience, girls date older than them, not younger. And since you already came to that conclusion in your post, it makes my post a bit pointless. Thought I'd add my two cents anyways. Good luck though.

I agree, you can't decide what's too old or too young for her. It's her decision.

Me? My current s/o is 5 yrs younger than me. Our age difference never bothered me b/c he's such a great guy. Has a lot of wonderful qualities. It's about comfort level.

I would feel uneasy and this is just me talking...I'd feel uneasy dating a man who was 10 years younger than me. I'm 38. Soon to be 39.

Well, I don't know about your girl. But I dated a 30 year old for three months, we broke up and now her 29 year old roommate is trying to make a move on me. I also have a date with a 25 year old tomorrow and a 31 year old on Saturday. It is definitely possible to seduce older women, I say go for it.

I'm so proud of myself btw.

I'd date someone younger than me. Although being 21 its kind of limited. At this point I probably would be hesitant to date anyone under 20, I could do 19. If feel like as you get older an age gap is less of a deal.

I can see 5yrs younger such as 30 and 25. If you like her it's worth a shot!!

I think it depends on the woman. Of course, stereotypically, woman prefer older men. I have always dated older men, but it was never like a conscious decision... it just always seem to happen that way and the men I meet and am attracted to are always older!

But I have met a number of men who were very attracted to woman significantly older than them. I think a lot of woman shy away from younger men because they perceive them as more immature, but in reality age is just a number and not a very good measure of immaturity or maturity in men or women... or so I have learned!

I don't date older guys. I'm 36.

Last two exes were 7 and 9 years younger than me.

I'm in no rush to get married and have kids but if I was, a nine year age gap might be more of a problem - so I'd say it depends what her goals in life are now and in the future.

I'm 34 and wouldn't date a guy in their 20s. Not that I have a problem with the age, but I think most people mature and change a lot in their 20s. Now if I was 39, would I date a 31 year old? Probably...just b/c he's hopefully out of the good-time, all-the-time 20s and maybe a little more mature.

Well, I don't know about your girl. But I dated a 30 year old for three months, we broke up and now her 29 year old roommate is trying to make a move on me. I also have a date with a 25 year old tomorrow and a 31 year old on Saturday. It is definitely possible to seduce older women, I say go for it.

I'm so proud of myself btw.

for some reason i doubt its all skill and seduction there

Every woman's preference is different but if you really want an honest answer from a woman, I wouldn't date anyone younger than me. Month or day discrepancies can work out depending on how attracted I am to the guy. But other than that, out of the question.

Archived