I Realized I Had A Miscarriage While With Him...

I feel... devastated right now, to say the least. Just a week back, I don't know how, but I ran accross someone writing a question about a problem she was having. She gave out a picture of this tissue-like clot that she says came out of her special spot, and she explained having extreme pain and blood coming out. I didn't thought much of it until just tonight...

A long time ago while my ex and I were together, I had received my first birth control; The depo provera shot. The doctor told me not to have unprotected sex the first month of receiving it. My ex, being the low-life scum that he is, told me he just wanted to "put it in but not come in", and I let him, despite how very nervous I was. So... We did, but he pulled out quickly and that was when I freaked out. I had a pregnancy scare so I rang up the doctor's office for the "Plan B" pills.

I received them, took them, and went home. I can't remember exactly when or how many weeks in between these events that occurred, but anyway... After a while, I was at home, and I went to the bathroom. Suddenly, a very sharp, overwhelming pain took over my abdominal and as I writhe in pain, blood came out and I found this large, tissue-like cloth. It was cloudy in color... It was really weird.

I haven't thought much of it. I used to think it was just a really weird symptom of all the medications I've been taking... But now I realize I basically suffered a miscarriage and now here I am crying over the loss of the baby. To loose a child is one of life's greatest pain... And now I'm feeling it. I never felt more empty and sad than right now...

I'm sorry you're feeling this way hun...

But I had something in mind -

How soon did you take plan B? It usually works within 72 hours, best within 48?

I'm not sure, I can't remember, it's been so long. I assume I might have took it maybe a week after the pregnancy scare.

I mean... I hope it's not a miscarriage, really, I hope it isn't. But if it is... I don't think I can ever forgive myself.

I don't think it is wise to assume that was a miscarriage. You don't know that with any degree of certainty so why torture yourself over something that could easily have never happened.

You're right. But I just find it so strange now that I look back. I looked up miscarriage on the search engine and found that the symptoms were the same as I have suffered in the past when it happened...

I'm not sure, I can't remember, it's been so long. I assume I might have took it maybe a week after the pregnancy scare.

I mean... I hope it's not a miscarriage, really, I hope it isn't. But if it is... I don't think I can ever forgive myself.

You're right. But I just find it so strange now that I look back. I looked up miscarriage on the search engine and found that the symptoms were the same as I have suffered in the past when it happened...

I ask this because I took Plan B twice in the past.

One time there was no side effects, but the second time I took it, it was a week after I had my period and a week after taking it, I had severe cramps and it seemed as though I was having my period all over again. This lasted for a whole week. I knew that I couldn't possibly be having a miscarriage because I took Plan B within the 24 hours after the condom broke. This also happened to one of my friend's, so I assumed it may be one of the side effects.

Just remember it is uncertain whether this was a miscarriage or not.

If this was indeed a miscarriage it was something which happened, unplanned and unexpected.

You understand that right?

I know, I just couldn't understand the, err, additional thing that happened when I had massive blood coming out while in the bathroom, along with the sudden sharp pain that dissappeared after the "thing" came out.

Either way... I am now finding myself hating my ex even more, for all the unneccasary things I had to do that risked my health big time just to please him.

In the end... He still told me, "You wrecked our relationship and our future."

Sigh... If only he knew all the things I went through because of him...

I ask this because I took Plan B twice in the past.

One time there was no side effects, but the second time I took it, it was a week after I had my period and a week after taking it, I had severe cramps and it seemed as though I was having my period all over again. This lasted for a whole week. I knew that I couldn't possibly be having a miscarriage because I took Plan B within the 24 hours after the condom broke. This also happened to one of my friend's, so I assumed it may be one of the side effects.

Hmm... I took it maybe around the 3rd, or 4th day, after the incident. Maybe later on. After the so called "miscarriage" happened, I didn't bled again until MANY months later. I didn't even get my period back after my ex and I broke up...

Hmm... I took it maybe around the 3rd, or 4th day, after the incident. Maybe later on. After the so called "miscarriage" happened, I didn't bled again until MANY months later. I didn't even get my period back after my ex and I broke up...

How is your monthly cycle otherwise?

Was it always irregular or was it consistent prior? Stress could be one of the reasons for a late period.

If you were ovulating when you had unprotected sex, and the egg was actually fertilized, it would only leave your fallopian tubes after 3 days...then, it would take at least 2 more days for it to implant in the lining of the uterus. So, unless you took the emergency contraception more than one week after having unprotected sex, it's very unlikely that you were pregnant. That is, assuming that were indeed ovulating that day and the egg was fertilized.

If you ovulated after this happened, there would be an even smaller chance of you being pregnant when you took the emergency contraception. I wouldn't worry about this, the chances of it having been a miscarriage are pretty slim. What you saw was probably just a regular clot or your uterine lining. The pain and this abnormal bleeding was probably a side effect of the medication.

I'm sure he does know.

He just wants to make sure it's all your fault.

People do this.

Even when you know it is all irrational.

As I have said many times before.....no one wants to look like the bad person.

This is the case with your ex.

Yeah.

It's okay, though.

Because I know the truth now.

If you were ovulating when you had unprotected sex, and the egg was actually fertilized, it would only leave your fallopian tubes after 3 days...then, it would take at least 2 more days for it to implant in the lining of the uterus. So, unless you took the emergency contraception more than one week after having unprotected sex, it's very unlikely that you were pregnant. That is, assuming that were indeed ovulating that day and the egg was fertilized.

If you ovulated after this happened, there would be an even smaller chance of you being pregnant when you took the emergency contraception. I wouldn't worry about this, the chances of it having been a miscarriage are pretty slim. What you saw was probably just a regular clot or your uterine lining. The pain and this abnormal bleeding was probably a side effect of the medication.

Yeah, I'm sorry... I don't know much about pregnancy and such, lol! I mean, I really hope it's not what I think it is... But still, when I realized it, it really hurts. Being a mom must be tough when you actually expect it and stuff... I wasn't expecting at the time, so I bet if I did expect it when it happened, I may be feeling a lot worse right now.

My mother-in-law (60) suffered 5 miscarriages before having my wife at 30. She recalled one time at midnight, she got up and went to the bathroom to pee, and a little doll-like person was floating in the toilet. She immediately flush it away, knowing she had yet failed again. She didn't give up knowing that God will give her a child one day to love and cherish. She has my wife and two sons finally. The second got Down Syndrome. She just finished going through chemotheraphy for breast cancer caused by the hormonal drugs she used when she was young. She tells me she's enjoying every moment of life right now and did not regret what she had to go through, because if things didn't turn out the way it did, she wouldn't have her daughter and sons.

My point is, life is not always perfect, and you just have to keep building it until one day you find happiness. There's no sense looking back.

Well, symptoms are not a positive diagnosis and it could easily have been some other reason. So don't dwell on something that could not have been that - that would be putting an unnecessary burden on yourself.

I'm with DN on this one. By your description of the events, I highly doubt you had a miscarriage. I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm with DN on this one. By your description of the events, I highly doubt you had a miscarriage. I wouldn't worry about it.

Agreed. It's extremely unlikely, from your description, that you had a miscarriage. I'm not sure why you want to torture yourself like this.

I have had 3 miscarriages and no hunny this doesn't sound like it at all, I have blood clots durning my regular period before, this just sounds like stress you missing your period that long nothing to worry about if you need to talk more message me i will give you my instant messager or facebook and we can talk about it some more I have been though it

Hey guys, thank you so much, this makes me feel a lot better. I wouldn't know how to live with myself knowing I had literally killed my own baby with the emergency contraception.

Well, that you can be sure didn't happen...every site I have found about emergency contraception says that it doesn't work after implantation and it doesn't cause an abortion...so if you did take it after getting pregnant and had a miscarriage this was not the cause.

This link explains how it works...maybe it will further put your mind at ease: link removed

Well, that you can be sure didn't happen...every site I have found about emergency contraception says that it doesn't work after implantation and it doesn't cause an abortion...so if you did take it after getting pregnant and had a miscarriage this was not the cause.

This link explains how it works...maybe it will further put your mind at ease: link removed

Hey thanks! This really helped. I feel a lot better now. Thanks guys.

Archived