Do I Reply To This One?

Slagar

So she txted me again this morning "Have you just been busy or are you ignoring me?" (in not so many words).

I've ignored her last 3 txt messages over the past week.

Do I reply? With what?

If I ignore her out-right, surely she'll stop trying. But if I ignore her just the right amount, she'll have to work to keep the contact up, right? She wanted to be friends, and seemed to expect everything fine and dandy straight away when I agreed. It's not right what she did, and it really hurt and angers me - why should she get away with it so easy?

I'll see her again in a few weeks at a party, where the plan is to largely ignore her, but make sure she sees that I'm not the douche she thinks I am. My move?

(We were very long-time friends, been best friends for a few years, we went out, it quickly turned bad - I was nice, she was a *****, she lied, gave me the friends speech, blew me off on some important plans etc.)

I dont agree with the others what you are doing is right,if she doesnt want a l relationship why should she have you as a back up friend. You think being honest truly gets you anywhere in this world? no.if you two are broken up why is she texting you? Thats a game on her part,breadcrumbs.

But if I ignore her just the right amount, she'll have to work to keep the contact up, right?

Dude, that is the "intermittent reward" game. We all know how to play ( at least the experienced guys do .)

The game will usually trigger a pursuit by the woman , however why play it with a woman who has disqualified herself as a suitable candidate as G/f material ?

Sounds like you are trying to have her squirm on your hook in frustration, while you look on in perverted glee.

That is not manly. Just cut her loose and hope that she has learned her lesson.

Those are all very valid thoughts and ideas.

I truly believe it is petty, and I don't like doing it. But being nice has gotten me no where. If I cave on this, I'm just clearing her guilt, and I'm left with the brunt of it. I'm not going to be walked over or be her second best.

I'd love to have my best friend back, but not at the cost of my dignity.

NC until the party sounds like the best plan. Though the air will have cleared somewhat by then anyway, I will be much more effective in person.

Dude, that is the "intermittent reward" game. We all know how to play ( at least the experienced guys do .)

The game will usually trigger a pursuit by the woman , however why play it with a woman who has disqualified herself as a suitable candidate as G/f material ?

Sounds like you are trying to have her squirm on your hook in frustration, while you look on in perverted glee.

That is not manly. Just cut her loose and hope that she has learned her lesson.

Wise indeed. Thank you.

Those are all very valid thoughts and ideas.

I truly believe it is petty, and I don't like doing it. But being nice has gotten me no where. If I cave on this, I'm just clearing her guilt, and I'm left with the brunt of it. I'm not going to be walked over or be her second best.

I'd love to have my best friend back, but not at the cost of my dignity.

NC until the party sounds like the best plan. Though the air will have cleared somewhat by then anyway, I will be much more effective in person.

The best way to have the last word is to walk away. Silence speaks volumes.

Archived