mrvaughn

So there is a girl at college that I like, but I fear she may be out of my leage...but that's a different point.

We are in the same group of 5 and we get along well. She was flirty in the first few weeks, but i had come out of a bad relationship and i am shy anyway, so i didn't reciprocate.

She messages me in work (as we are in the same organisation) some days & we chat.

Anyway, we are halfway through the course now & the other day we got our assignments back. The two of us got the same feedback & one of the others in the group said "Oh, that's strange...did you two have a study date?"

Without thinking I said "Yeah, I wish"

I realised what i'd said & looked at her. She laughed hard & said "you creep"

What the fudge does that mean?? Does she actually think i'm a creep? Because we get on really well & one day when we got split up into separate groups I could see her constantly (like 25 times) glancing back at me.

Plus when we are on our own together...i dunno...it's different from when there are others about. I'm hoping that this is because she doesn't want to give away to others that she likes me...

...But "you creep" ??? That sound terrible regardless of how it is said. I'm a bit puzzled. Opinons please?

You'd know if she really thought it - negative body language is hard to miss.

True. Mind you we added each other on a social networking site and left a message on one of her photos against one where she is posing with someone i know.

She replied to that comment with "oh, how do you know her creepy pants" and put a laughing smillie next to it.

So i'm like, does she think it was weird that i was looking at her pics? Like some kind of stalker coz I always look at folks pics if they are on my friends list.

It's just, it doesn't make sense that she would think this by the way she acts around me.

She replied to that comment with "oh, how do you know her creepy pants" and put a laughing smillie next to it.

So she's continuing the joke. This isn't a bad sign. I'd say even if she's not seriously interested, she definitely doesn't actually think you're a creep, and is flirting with you ever so slightly.

I think you are over thinking it. Sounds like she might even be filtering with you. Some women do have a different sense of humor, which is really good! I wouldn't have thought that way a couple weeks ago. But I just met a girl who has a similar sense of humor. We flirt like that all the time! Just go with it.

And don't think that you are out of her league. Let her decide that. I don't think something "out of a league" even exists anyway. Keep talking to her!

So she's continuing the joke. This isn't a bad sign. I'd say even if she's not seriously interested, she definitely doesn't actually think you're a creep, and is flirting with you ever so slightly.

Hope so. Problem is, even though we get on well, I find it hard to be totally myself around her. Guess i'm really shy to begin with, but after a recent bad experience with a girl, i'm more insular these days. I'm getting better though.

And shyness isn't exactly an attractive quality...and she's the most confident girl i've EVER met.

She was probably just joking about the "you creep".

As for her being "out of your league"... let women figure out why they don't want to be with you, don't do it for them.

Well, I missed my chance anyway. She is now seeing some soccer player, so I don't think i'm going to win out on this one. She did mention to another girl in our group that they were 'just dating" but still...she isn't going to swap a 6 foot 2 footballer for a 5 foot 11 skinny dude, lol.

... but still...she isn't going to swap a 6 foot 2 footballer for a 5 foot 11 skinny dude, lol.

Seriously.. stop coming up with reasons why she wouldn't date you! The game of attraction is often more like "pick a number between 1 and 10", rather than high-card wins.

Besides, I'm 5'11", sorta skinny, and at one point had the sexiest, most stunning little blonde girl attracted to me... don't start trying to convince me girls are out of my league .

Seriously.. stop coming up with reasons why she wouldn't date you! The game of attraction is often more like "pick a number between 1 and 10", rather than high-card wins.

Besides, I'm 5'11", sorta skinny, and at one point had the sexiest, most stunning little blonde girl attracted to me... don't start trying to convince me girls are out of my league .

True but I guess i'm a little self conscious about how I look. Plus if she was interested I think she'd have made it more obvious she likes me as she's very out going. But I know i'm a decent, caring bloke and I think that comes accross regardless of shyness, lol

Maybe this is a good point to get opinons on how I look? Attached a pic & opinions would be most welcome.....

Dude you look fine. You can have any girl you want. Not all girls are attracted to the same types of guys. I agree with the Lecturer, stop trying to make excuses! That's your shyness talking. Go and talk to her! You'll do fine.

Thanks. I'll just have to grow a pair, lol.

Any females want to chime in here, be good to get your views

You look fine to me. The only thing I'd say is have you ever had a less severe haircut? It's not exactly a dealbreaker, it just caught my eye that it's quite closely trimmed. Just wondering if you've ever had something a bit.... messier

lol, yeah I got my hair cut that day. Once it grows in a bit, it's more messy. Don't have many pics of myself, and this one is a bit dark & face painty, lol (was the full moon party in thailand)

Well she messaged me today. We were exchanging info about the course we are on. The soccer player she started seeing was in todays paper & the rest of the convo went like this

Me: I saw your man in the paper today. Good he's getting a chance to show what he can do.

Her: Yeah, I saw it, lol. Weird seeing him in the papers though.

Me: Well get used to it...your a WAG now (Edit: this means a footballers wife or girlfriend)

Her: ha, no chance! I'm bored already haha

Me: Serial Dater, Eh?

Her: lol, Nooo just enjoy my little space and time with my friends you know?

Me: Yeah. You getting up to much at the weekend?

Her: Not too much...Just see what happens

Me: Well, have a nice valentine's day (your card is in the post, lol) & i'll see you Wednesday

Her: Yeah, you too!!! aw thanx haha

So...thoughts? Think it was a bit strong to joke about valentine's day card???? Thought it strange she'd tell me she was bored with this guy?

I think she has at least a mild interest in you.

Her saying about being bored with her current boyfriend is quite a good thing, you don't normally talk down about the person you're with unless you're trying to give the impression that you might be free soon to whoever you're talking to. So maybe she's hinting that they'll probably break up soon.

Have you sent a card? I think you could totally get away with a slightly jokey one.

And if they do break up, I think it couldn't hurt to ask her on a date. She's being pretty friendly and flirty so I'd think even if she declines, she'll probably be very nice about it!

I think she has at least a mild interest in you.

Her saying about being bored with her current boyfriend is quite a good thing, you don't normally talk down about the person you're with unless you're trying to give the impression that you might be free soon to whoever you're talking to. So maybe she's hinting that they'll probably break up soon.

Have you sent a card? I think you could totally get away with a slightly jokey one.

And if they do break up, I think it couldn't hurt to ask her on a date. She's being pretty friendly and flirty so I'd think even if she declines, she'll probably be very nice about it!

No didn't send a card, lol. Just said that to try and drop a hint really.

The fact she said "aw thanx haha" seems too jokey to me. Especially the "aw" bit.

Almost like "aw...how cute...but no."

I know it seems like i'm talking myself down by saying I don't see her being interested, but i've seen pics of her from when she's been out clubbing & the guys she gets photographed with are all seriously good looking...this is why I doubt it really. I know it's all subjective, but she's spoilt for choice I think, lol

Maybe her saying that she likes to spend more time with friends is a way of letting me know she isn't looking for anyone else after this (or at least not me is she is sniffing out that i may be interested)

Archived