Knowing im on the right track....

Well, I do honestly think im getting better and im nearly there in terms of recovery.

Basically, today, whilst driving the same route I take to work, I ended up waiting in traffic behind “The New Guy”. Whilst a sign of true recovery would have seen me sitting there not caring that the new guy was there, I did the old comparison thing. I looked at his car and noted that my high powered brand new machine severely outclassed his (Immature thought process admittedly) but I then noted he also looked younger then me and my ex (who herself was only 6/7 months younger than me) and seeing all this and comparing my life now to then made me realise how truly fortunate I am not to have her in my life anymore. I did feel sorrow for him (As I know she has cheated on him like she did me) and I know he will one day find out and be heartbroken like I was and he will eventually have to walk the path I navigated of the lonely heart broken fool who is in desperate need of rediscovering himself. I feel for him knowing that one day she will cause him an incredible amount of pain like she did to me and those before.

However, what today told me was that I am truly over her in my heart. Im still not out the woods yet and that will still take a bit of time to truly be indifferent to her, but im on the right path and my life is now a lot better.

Just out of interest. How have the rest of you felt when you saw the new love? Did it make you hate yourself? Rejoice at your new life without your ex? Just curious really.

Well the fact that you didn't fall apart at the site of the new guy certainly shows that you are moving on.

In answer to your question I was over things by the time I first met the woman my ex-husband left me for. But when I saw her over-bleached blonde hair and her wrinkled face and the short skirts she wore that she thought made her look sexy I laughed to myself. Sure enough it didn't last long with him admitting that she nothing more than an "escape route". She is a few years younger than me you see (only be about 3 years) but she apparently made a big point of it in front of my children ... but looking at her you wouldn't effing know it!!!

As much as I get on with my ex-husband now, like you, I feel fortunate that I am no longer a part of his mixed up world.

Archived