Poll:- Ladies, do you expect the Gents to ask you out?

In the Dark

Ladies, do you expect the Gents to ask you out?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Ladies, do you expect the Gents to ask you out?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many of the ladies that say they want the guy to ask them out, are single?

The topic is not about how many gals are single because they expect a guy to ask them out.

It's about what each lady who takes this poll expects.

Just a yes or no vote.

This in turn shows if guys are generally expected to initiate the date or not.

I am single and I would expect the guy to ask me out.

I had actually made the first step in the past on a few occasions and it NEVER worked. The dynamics were all messed up. The guy was often passive not just shy.

I'm not expecting to be asked out to prove a point I actually think it's better for the man's ego as well.

I expect a guy to ask me out but will ask a guy out if I feel like it.

I have before and I didn't think it was very hard. Pretty fun. But, I didn't know the guy. Actually, it was a waiter and I asked him if I could give him my phone number while he was handing us the bill. He never called me and it didn't bother me.

But, as he was a complete stranger I didn't have much to lose and it wasn't embarrassing at all.

I'd still want a guy to ask me out though.

The topic is not about how many gals are single because they expect a guy to ask them out.

It's about what each lady who takes this poll expects.

Just a yes or no vote.

This in turn shows if guys are generally expected to initiate the date or not.

I realize that...

However, this is not the first time this has been asked and its obvious that women expect that.

No not all women, but over half of the women in the world expect the man to ask her out.

Overall I would prefer for the guy to ask me. Though, i don't see anything wrong with the other way around, but i walked away feeling pretty bad when i tried to ask a guy (there were some other problems involved in that particular situation, though).

I realize that...

However, this is not the first time this has been asked and its obvious that women expect that.

No not all women, but over half of the women in the world expect the man to ask her out.

If you already know what the outcome is and feel this is a pointless poll, then don't reply to the thread as you know already, but are more concerned about how many women are single due to the expectation of being asked out.

You are more than welcome to write up a thread or poll to see how many are.

Dating is so hard

This is where the difficulty lies with shy men who may be very good partners for someone.

The fear of rejection which is what men will generally have to deal with in order to find someone as the chances are there will be someone out there waiting for you.

YOU are the one who will have to take the chance of being rejected and humiliated if you do not want to be alone.

Archived