trying to make me feel bad

babii doll

a couple of my single friends lately have been going on and on about how there going to be alone on valentines day and hows its going to suck being single on v-day, then they ask me what the bf and i are planning so i tell them only to get their woe is me tales and how i should be so lucky, how its unfair that im going to have a blast and their not.

the funny thing is when i was single and they were in relationships i never complained i was happy for them. sucked for me but i never rubbed it in their faces. it just gets old hearing that kinda stuff.

this is my first serious long-term R, but ive always been the single friend in the group among ppl in relationships in the past so i can relate to their unhappiness around this time, but they should be happy for me atleast.

I would tell them that Vday is just like most other days, just that you may be getting a gift/token of affection.

Maybe it would be sweet to give them a small pouch of sweets (hersheys kisses for instance) OR cupcake with a note that says "I love you gals".

Like a thank you for them being your friends.

Even though they are being silly now, they're just expressing how lucky you are.

It's Valentine's day: the day when couples get to say "it's any other day for us" and single people usually are reminded they don't have someone. So cut your friends some slack.

I've always been single on Vday till the past few years. What got to me most was not getting a wish or "gifts" (even candy) while other people in relationships/with loads of friends got these. Maybe it'll cheer your friends up.

P.s. I've learned that ANYtime, it's best not to give too many details about special plans to friends.. Most of my friends all seem to get a bit weird when I tell them romantic plans I have with my SO.

I also feel guilty telling them b/c I don't want to seem like I'm bragging.

That's a good idea. Even though they didn't give me squat when I was single lol I will take the high road. I usually am pretty vague about plans I have with the bf but they will keep pushing for details, asking when and where ill usually tell them. Next time I'm just gonna keep it to myself.

My vday plans are on saturday so I won't see them then. But I might be able squeeze in time for lunch maybe

That would be great!

I recall a time that one of my friend's were alone on Valentine's day, and a few of my my ex'es friends were also single, so rather than spending the day together we decided to all go out for a buffet. It was actually really nice.

Archived