I don't know if this was a good idea but here it goes:

My last relationship ended about 6 weeks ago quite badly. There was a lot of dishonesty and drama involved. We spoke a few times after the break up but just recently went into NC.

Just when I thought I will never hear from him again, I received a message from him stating that he got in a bad car wreck. Of course I got concerned and called him back. Turns out he got a little banged up but nothing he can't recover from in a few weeks. He does not have any family in this state so I decided to put all my bad feelings aside, I ended up going over there, bringing him some food, changing his bandages, and just making sure he is ok. I let him know that he can call if he needs anything.

Now was this a bad idea? Should I just let him know that I care about him and wanted to make sure he is ok but that I do not want to pursue a reconciliation? It seems like he is headed in that direction. Thanks!

I think you were just taking care of another human being. There was nothing wrong with that. You saw that he really needed you, so you did what you felt was right.

As far as reconciliation goes, I would not say anything unless he does. And in that case just let him down gently.

-TOF

Thanks for your replies. I'm glad you agree with what I did, I don't think I could have just let it go and told him I won't help him. I still care about this man. He hasn't contacted me much so I hope maybe we can just stay on good terms and move on at the same time. Thanks.

Archived