Where Will I Be This Weekend?

Captain Clutch

Interesting situation I need to figure out ASAP. At school, we have a long weekend since Monday is President's Day. I have the option of staying here or traveling home for the weekend.

Over the past week/two weeks, I've seemed to connect really well with a girl in one of my classes. We haven't been on a "real" date yet, but she happily accompanied me to a get-together some friends of mine were hosting for the Super Bowl. We're in touch constantly and both joke and banter. This coming weekend, she was to visit some grad schools. Considering that a bunch of my friends at school have gf's and Valentine's Day is also this weekend, plus I can reunite with some of my friends back home if I go, I was favoring going home.

However, there's a twist. Where she was supposed to go was hit by a major snowstorm and now she'll be on campus this weekend. I'll see her later this week in the class we share. Since she'll be here, I'm officially split on if I want to go home or stay here for the weekend.

Keeping this in mind, I have some questions:

1.) Should I ask her out today? I was thinking of a Monday evening date, a Wednesday ask-out is a little too soon. I could also try to squeeze out a Thursday evening date, but it may be too close.

2.) Based on how we stand right now - date or no date this weekend - should that even impact if I stay or if I go? There are other reasons for me to stay and reasons for me to go, but I'm so split on it right now this could be a tipping point. I'm always a little paranoid that if I don't make a move, somebody else will. Also, if I wait too long, I'll be in the friends zone.

3.) Should I go home or stay here? Luckily, my class with her is before I'd have to actually make a definite decision. However, whether she says yes or no might not change my decision. I'm not sure what I want to do, or what the right decision is.

1.) Should I ask her out today?

Yes.

2.) Based on how we stand right now - date or no date this weekend - should that even impact if I stay or if I go?
No, it shouldn't. Would it have an impact on her decision what to do on this weekend? I don't think so.

3.) Should I go home or stay here?
You should go home and meet your friends. I wouldn't alter my plans for a girl I recently met. Would she change her plans for you?!

Just ask her out. NOW. I'm in that similar situation where I'm the girl. And it would make life so much easier if guys just made the move when they first think about it.. and Valentines day can be a big deal for girls.............. so ask her out! I MEAN IT.

Interesting insight. Also interesting that both posts oppose each other.

Anyway - Good point with #3. She was supposed to be visiting grad schools this weekend anyway. I could infer that Valentine's Day isn't a major deal on her mind. But does her sudden availability change the plan?

Plop - Valentine's Day is a big deal for girls, that's true. Asking out when the iron is hot is also good advice. But is a first or second date on Valentine's Day a little too intense?

We have hung out, but have not been on a real date yet. I can try to set up something for the day after Valentine's Day, as I'd be around regardless.

Any other thoughts? I'm still in a bind.

Don't stay just because of her. Things are too fresh and to be honest you sound really needy. My suggestion is to see more women and focus less on just one at a time. IMO you're overinvesting and by splitting your attention over several women you'll keep perspective. As it stands at best you'll come off as needy and lacking options and a social life. At worst you'll creep her out.

Don't stay just because of her. Things are too fresh and to be honest you sound really needy. My suggestion is to see more women and focus less on just one at a time. IMO you're overinvesting and by splitting your attention over several women you'll keep perspective. As it stands at best you'll come off as needy and lacking options and a social life. At worst you'll creep her out.

There were other reasons I could have stayed up there. My friends are still around and there were a few other things I could have taken care of. I decided to go home for the weekend, but will definitely see her sometime next week.

Archived