Hard times and loneliness

Bit of confession, or questioning?

My father treated my mother horrible, really horrible. She was a foreigner and my dad rushed her into the country (he was military meet her over in Europe). She is all that a son could hope for his mother to be, loving, caring, and a just amazing overall person. Always tries to help people, very good heartfelt person. My dad treated her like a dog! He grounds her... Tells her shes not allowed out over the weekends and not allowed to go to certain things (even church events..). My dad is free to reign wherever he wants, but my dad treats her like garbage, calling her things that a man wouldn't say if he truly loved someone.

Ever since I was young, I've always wanted to help people, I've always loved taking care of people. I've always put other people before myself, and sometimes I really have troubles in life, especially when everyone expects it out of you. Sometimes having the caring heart or the thoughtful mind is really a burden. My job we do roughly 16 hours of training, and more than half of that is taking away my study time to help everyone else pass. I'm growing tired, losing sleep, becoming down. Also trying to help people I barely know cope with being lonely away from home and their loved ones. Its really wearing me down, and I can't find it in my heart to not help them. I'm dealing with the same things, I miss my loved ones, my friends, people and things that make me happy, but, no one looking after me. I guess playing guardian angel is a responsibility.

Hi soul soother, think about it this way. If you are exhausting yourself day after day helping others, you will fall sick someday and become an obligation or responsibility to your loving mother, of course she wont even consider that an obligation.

If you are not well, how can you help others who are in need? The years are long. See that you are in good health and state so that you are always capable of giving and helping.

As for your mother, you are becoming her protector and confront your father's mistreatment if you see it fits.

Take care!

Archived