Steadily Getting Better (it does get better)

Well it's now been 4 and a bit months since me and the ex missus split up for our second time (me dumping her the 1st time and her me the 2nd) bringing an end to a 6 year relationship. I have been NC for 5 weeks now after hearing about her new boyfriend, and i must say i feel OK now.

I just thought to myself, whats the bloody point in being so miserable about this? I can't do anything about it now, if she wants to reach out and try again between us, then its her call, nothing I can really do to influence that decision. I was an embarrassment when we first split up read all the details here if you wish. But i have made progress (kind of) since then. The main improvement i need to make for myself is to get a better job, which is so difficult here.

The future doesn't look too bad though, I have a stag do in April, and I am really happy for my mate who is getting married, because he was screwed over in his last relationship, but he found himself a really great girl, and is due to tie the knot in June. I'm hoping she has a lot of hot friends for me to chat to at the wedding! I've never been on a stag do either and they're always suppose to be 'guid banter' as we would say here.

Me and another mate have been making plans to travel to Australia at the end of June for 1 year, working and traveling, I really hope that goes ahead, because in all honesty, there is nothing really left for me in Scotland anymore, nae jobs and nae bird it's time to move on.

I also feel that i have gotten what I needed from this board, and I want to thank everyone who has chipped in on my previous threads, I gained a lot of knowledge here, that i can hopefully take with me into my next relationship, whether it be with a new girl or my ex, because you never know

For everyone hurting on here at the minute, it does get easier, you will feel better, and you never know what the future holds for you, it just takes time, keep yer heid up!

I slipped in a few Scots words there for a'body tae try figure oot whit they mean ken'..... lol I can translate if you wish.

hey there I agree with you.

it does get easier as time goes by, I am in my second month and I found out my X already has found her "soul mate" and she has yet to go on a date with this other man. Sadly, I was devistated, but its nice to know that its 100% over and from there, I could move on, so I did.

Day by day is a struggle, but it does get better. I have learned to do little breathing meditations and allow the sad feelings that enter me to just drift away, I acknowlege they are there, then I quickly let them flow out of me without giving any more energy to those feelings.

I am happy to know that even on your 6yr relationship you are progressing nicely. It gives me strength to hear and allows me to look forward to my 3rd and my 4th month and cant wait for the day that I no longer have an emotion attached to this woman.

I do have my bad days, but thats okay.. I am going to be okay

Thank you for your post.. If ever in California.. first round on me!!

it does get easier as time goes by, I am in my second month and I found out my X already has found her "soul mate" and she has yet to go on a date with this other man. Sadly, I was devistated, but its nice to know that its 100% over and from there, I could move on, so I did.

It's unlikely that she found her 'soul mate' if she hasn't even been on a date yet. I was devastated to hear my ex had found someone else so soon after our break up too, but it was the catalyst and the closure that i needed to move on.And i doubt it'll last, my ex rebounds like crazy after a break up.

Thank you for your post.. If ever in California.. first round on me!!

Cheers, I'd love to go to California!

I slipped in a few Scots words there for a'body tae try figure oot whit they mean ken'..... lol I can translate if you wish.

Nah! nae need tae...

Hope you have a good time at the stag do.just make sure that the groom dos'ent get too drunk!

and for yourself..things will get better 5 weeks is good keep it up!...

Archived