It's a cliche but I want it too!!!!

My straight female friend has a gay friend. She told me likes him extra because she can pal around with a guy without having to deal with the sexual tension. They are quite close and she has "bearded" for him a couple of times and he was her "date" at a wedding when she was between boyfriends.

I want that but no lesbian will have anything to do with me (cause I'm a guy)

This straight girl and gay friend seems to be fairly common. I've never seen straight guy with lesbian friend

What a rip off.

That's because the majority of straight guys are probably going to want to make a move on thier lesbian friend at some point. Not that a girl wouldn't with a gay guy, but the chances are much lower.

I am fortunate in that my straight male friends are incredibly respectful. They joke around occasionally, but they are very good men.

The reason for that is because lesbians still get hit on by straight guys. I have a really good guy friend that I used to hang out with a lot (not so much anymore because he lives far away). Anyway, he's a decent guy and I know he cares about me, but he still sends me sexual texts every once in awhile. lol

If you are going to be friends with someone it isn't going to be because she's a lesbian, it is going to be for other reasons. You say that you want to be friends with someone because she's a lesbian isn't going to work.

I am having a hard time trying to put this response into words, hopefully I was somewhat successful.

Its kind of cute you are looking for a lesbian friend to be your 'beard'. Not to simply paraphrase whats already been said, but you can totally find a friend like this! Be patient... maybe go to a gay bar? Try not to make a mountain out of a molehill either.

I can understand where you're coming from though. You want a close * * * * * friend and you want them now. I go through something similar, only on a racial basis rather than sexual orientation. Vermont is suffocatingly caucasian, and this is coming from a white guy!

Heh, do you know how straight women who collect gay friends are often call "Fag Hags"? Well, I learned last week that the straight male equivalent is a "Lez Bro". LOL

That's hilarious! I wasn't aware there was a male equivalent. I've known a few women like this, but never a guy.

• 8 months later...

Archived