What does this mean?

Wasn't really sure where to put this but they guy i was seeing a couple of months ago got back with his ex girlfriend. We have still remained friends and work collegues and we talk on facebook or through text message from time to time as well. One night we were texting about "us" and what we had and he said this "i want you, i think its lust, i dont know, i can't leave you alone" he says he thinks about me all the time. Since he got back with his ex we have had no physical or sexual contact so its not like he is saying this just to string me along; im not giving him anything to hold onto.

He got back with his ex because he claims to love her. They have a house with a morgage and a cat they they both adore. All of these give him reason to be with her and obviously beat what we had, but why does he always think about me but would rather be with her? He says he "doesnt want to wreck his home"

What does his message mean? He thinks its lust, he doesn't know..

Any thoughts would be much appreciated X

I'm sorry to compare this with a movie, but it reminded me of The Holiday.

If you look at this from his gf's view, he is a total jerk for flirting with another woman behind her back.

"What does his message mean? "

If he says it's lust, it's probably lust. I can't think of other reasons why a guy would say that to you. Probably no hidden meanings.

He is a total jerk and i hate what he is doing/has done!!.. but i am struggling to come to terms with the fact that he is with her. I am trying so so hard to not contact him, but when he says things like that it gets my brain ticking and i start thinking "what does that mean?!"

I guess i was kind of hoping he might have meant he thinks its just lust and not something deeper.. Hmm guess its IS just lust.. Im reading into things too much.

Thanks for your reply

OMG. I think I've found my twin...... your story sounds EXACTLY like mine... with the ex... the house... and a cat. LOL!

But my ex has moved back in for what he deems "financial reasons".... and contacts me all the time too. I have a lot of threads on here detailing my saga and your thread isn't the right place to explain.

But if you ever want to chat or discuss.... feel free to pm me

My opinion based on how I was treated and my jaded experience. Until he sells that house and permanently deletes her from his life. It doesn't matter what he says to you.

Stay FAR FAR FAR AWAY!!!!

Oooo really, even the cat! Lol, glad im not alone..this situation really really sucks though!

Ive tried staying away from him, ive tried hating him, ive tried being angry, ive tried being nice..ashamed to say it but i have even tried coming onto him but he says no (surely that makes it not about sex?) yet he says he still thinks about me all the time and of course if he wasn't with her, he'd be with me. GRRR its so frustrating!

Mine is slightly different in which my ex still professes his love to me and tells me he's only with his ex for financial reasons (which is semi true - he's broke - you have to read my history to understand). But there is so much other drama he put me through.

In anycase, my ex "claims" to sleep in a separate room from her... I don't know because I'm not living there.. LOL. He messages me every day, in the morning, during the day and in the evenings. It's very confusing for me and it made me go through a lot of more pain and drama from it.

My strong advice to you is that unless he comes to you and SHOWS through his actions that he wants to be with you... his intentions are not good enough for you to hold on to him. Your ex, like mine.. is living with another woman. Yours calls her his gf and mine still labels his as his ex.

I think your ex may be confused but at the same time - he's still chosen to be with her... and he needs to honour that choice by leaving you alone. I know it's hard but the best thing for you is to forget him and move on.

IF he ever really wants you back... HE WILL come back and make it happen. But I strongly say that BEFORE you take him back... be sure all the other pieces of his life (ie, his ex/gf/ex) is completely done... 100% done... house sold, cat custody solved... BEFORE getting involved again. Relationships won't work with more than 2 parties involved and I learned this the hard way.....

Archived