Breast augmentation

Kamue

So I am looking into getting breast implants for various reasons, but I'm not sure how to go about finding a great doctor to do it. Can anyone help me?

And I know a lot of people are going to be upset by this, but I really want them because I have very uneven breasts and they are misshapen and I get depressed about it frequently. I don't like to wear low shirts and because my breasts are so different in shape, my cleavage is different on both sides. I used to get teased about it too... So...

Thanks for the help.

Also, I am not limited to a certain part of the US. I hear the west coast is better for this kinda stuff, but I don't know.

I'm not in the US so I can't personally recommend someone.

You could try searching out people who've had similar work and see who they had? If there are forums or online communities for people considering work, there are bound to be people who've had it done going back to give advice, much like on here.

I would ask my general practitioner if he knows of anyone in the area, and can recommend someone. I find doctors in communities tend to know someone, or they know someone in plastics who might know whom to recommend. If you have any friends who've had plastic surgery, obviously ask them for their experiences. There are websites with ratings for doctors, but I'm not sure how reliable those are. In my experience, word of mouth is best. You can also shop a few doctors by making appointments with them to discuss the procedure, ask them questions, etc, and make a decision on whom you would like to have operate on you.

Don't shop based on price ... I would be very wary of any doctor that offers a breast enhancement special, or anything similar!

I wouldn't travel to get surgery, personally, but you'll have, I assume, several post-op check-ups - not really convenient if your surgeon is 3000 miles away from you. You would also want him to be in your area in case you ever had a problem with your implants and needed an appointment.

I think getting first hand referrals is best. Do you know anyone that has had it done? Maybe a friend of a friend kinda thing.

Please think all of your options over carefully before you decide. This is a lifetime choice and many implants need to be replaced every ten years or so.

Have you considered having fat cells removed from another part of your body and used to reshape what you have. This way it is all you and no implant. Just a thought.

Good luck

Lost

I have breast implants, and I am happy with mine. Just make sure you are doing it for the right reasons!

As far as finding a doctor, make sure that they are Board Certified in Plastic Surgery! Very, very important! You can call the Board to double check.

Also, though you may have to pay, I found it helpful to consult with several surgeons before hand. I am very thin, and some of them tried to talk me into getting giant implants, when I wanted a more natural look.

Ask to see before and after pictures, and ask for references. This is a huge descision, and one that could potentially be life threatening. Be sure to pick a good doctor!

I know of two women who have had theirs done by a surgeon in RI. If you are looking for huge stripper breast, then he is not your doctor, he will not do them. If you are looking for them to look and feel natural than he is your man. He will tell you the largest he will put in for you. My ex girlfriend had hers done by him, her ex husband payed for them. When I first met her, it was really hard to tell if they were or were not real. There was a couple of things that gave me a hint they may not be real. It wasn't until she told me she had them done that I knew for sure. As my ex isn't speaking to me at the moment. If you are interested, I can try to find out his name. He did an ex friend of mine, wife's augmentation too and anyone in town can tell you what a fine job he did on hers. She shows them to anyone willing to look. Some of my other friends are still friends with him and I may be able to find out the surgeons name.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is smart idea to consult with several plastic surgeons before making such a big decision as to who to perform your surgery. The best way to find the right doctor is to first find a board certified surgeon. There are many physicians claiming to be a “cosmetic surgeon” with limited training experience.

Archived