Pregnancy causing sadness?

anggrace

I don't know if sadness is the right word. In my mind Im pretty happy. I love my husband and my family to death. Im very grateful that we had such an easy time getting pregnant and am VERY much looking forward to it. The only stress I have right now is finances. But that's not even that much of a stress. I know we'll be okay.

I just feel down. I know low energy is pretty common in the first tri-mester, but how common is it to feel down in the dumps and anti-social? I have work to do and feel little motivation. Im usually pretty driven. I just feel lazy and blech. I don't like it.

I hope its "normal" during pregnancy especially the 1st trimester because I am usually a very happy go lucky, bubbly person, but the 1st trimester kicked my butt and I didn't like anyone, was completely unmotivated & definitely anit-social. It has gotten better now during the 2nd tri, but I still have those days. Hang in there!

I hope its "normal" during pregnancy especially the 1st trimester because I am usually a very happy go lucky, bubbly person, but the 1st trimester kicked my butt and I didn't like anyone, was completely unmotivated & definitely anit-social. It has gotten better now during the 2nd tri, but I still have those days. Hang in there!

Yeah, me too..I became really anti social during my first trimester..usually I would go out with friends during the weekends..but I would just stay at home alllll weekend. I was very unmotivated at work..and I still have those moments where I just don't want to do anything or be around anyone.

Thanks guys. I use to suffer from depression so I get a little worrisome when I think I might be feeling it coming on. Im pretty excited though. So I don't think any amount of low energy is going to take that away.

By the way Dangle, those pickles make my mouth water!!!! I've been loving pickled anything.

Yeah, me too..I became really anti social during my first trimester..usually I would go out with friends during the weekends..but I would just stay at home alllll weekend. I was very unmotivated at work..and I still have those moments where I just don't want to do anything or be around anyone.

I am about 5 weeks along and feeling very exhausted and unmotivated at work, too--which is NOT good because they are doing budget cuts right now. I also require coffee to help me focus, and I am not allowed to have that.

I am about 5 weeks along and feeling very exhausted and unmotivated at work, too--which is NOT good because they are doing budget cuts right now. I also require coffee to help me focus, and I am not allowed to have that.

My doctor said a cup a day is fine..but I only did that a couple times during the first trimester. Now I have caffeine several times a week..just minimal amounts..like a diet coke or a coke zero several times a week.

My doctor said a cup a day is fine..but I only did that a couple times during the first trimester. Now I have caffeine several times a week..just minimal amounts..like a diet coke or a coke zero several times a week.

I've had one cup on two occasions since I found out, then panicked and had just a half-cup. Today I've had none...and boy, can I feel it!!

I keep finding different things online...some say up to 150 mg a day is fine, others say none is best...I don't have my first appt with the OB until March 1, so I guess I will ask then!

Cutting out caffeine was the killer for me, it probably took a good month or so to feel somewhat normal without it. But my dr said 1 cup of coffee a day is just fine. I was/am just paranoid so I just stop drinking it.

Cutting out caffeine was the killer for me, it probably took a good month or so to feel somewhat normal without it. But my dr said 1 cup of coffee a day is just fine. I was/am just paranoid so I just stop drinking it.

Oh, I am the most paranoid person in the world...so as badly as I want coffee, I probably will just not be able to have it!! Maybe a couple sips here and there just to feel "normal"...I am such a coffee-holic!!

You're def. not alone anggrace. I'm feeling dragged in my second trimester, totally disinterested in working and normally, driven and motivated.

I do agree that much of it is our hormones, as well as having to feed and shelter our little ones laying happily warm and secure, in their little wombs. If I could crawl in with my little one right now, I would...haha!

Archived