Having sex when you are sick, with a cold.

sweeth tooth cadet

If you are worried about giving a cold to your partner then avoid it, same if you feel you are not up to it.

I have done it a few times and I couldn't really do much because I felt so tired and weak so I just layed there lol. I have to admit it wasn't great for me, I kinda felt gross.

I was horribly sick the end of December. Lasted almost three weeks. I could not even get the strength to get off the couch, let alone have sex!

If its just something mild, I'm sure I've done it over the years with him, and vice versa.

If your partner doesn't mind and you can muster up the energy then I don't see it as a problem. As Pinnsvinni said, your partner is most likely going to get it anyway from just being around you.

I find I actually lose all sense of sickness/illness during sex, though it tends to come back with a vengence afterwards! Guess thats just my body's way of telling me I need lots of sex when I'm ill ... and I have the most terrible cold at the moment!!

As long as your partner knows and wants to take the risk, sure.

There is a great Friends episode where "monica" is in denial about having a terrible cold and tries to seduce her bf ("Chandler") who is repulsed by the sneezing/runny nose, etc. Really funny.

Sounds like you are worried about passing the cold to your partner. You will pass it because of being so close to each other and breathing on each other and kissing each other (Sorry for getting graphic!) They wont necessarily catch it because of the intercourse. If you really get in the mood you can just lay there and let your partner do the work. Missionary might not be a bad idea either. Sex doesn't necessarily relieve the cold, but if it gets good, you will forget you have that cold while the sex lasts.

Depends on the cold.

I have allergies that make me miserable through a portion of the year, but I don't let them get in the way most of the time.

However, I wouldn't want to risk giving something to my partner. Even if I wasn't contagious, itchy eyes and sneezing fits would turn me off. If I can't see myself as sexy, it'd be hard to present myself as sexy to my partner.

thank you everyone for the comments, some have made me laugh and other have grossed me out!! So in conclusion I think im gonna wear a mask over my face from work( hospital) and latex gloves if Im felling frisky just in case!! hahahaha

LOL - hey why not...you can role play

As long as your partner knows and wants to take the risk, sure.

There is a great Friends episode where "monica" is in denial about having a terrible cold and tries to seduce her bf ("Chandler") who is repulsed by the sneezing/runny nose, etc. Really funny.

Having sex when your sinuses are all stuffed up, your nose is dripping like a faucet and your head feels like it is going to explode....there's an interesting visual! I don't know about anyone else, but when I am sick with a cold I just want to be left alone!

Archived