very very confused now

mwh67

had no contact with the ex for a little over a month. our breakup was far from messy and i've decided to break no contact and try to clear the air and make sure everything is still good. main reason being that we hang out with the same group of people and the whole awkwardness thing wont be good for all our friends. anyway i texted her asking if i could call her and talk to her about something. she replied to me the next day (when we were dating she would respond anywhere between 5 minutes to 15 minutes later) saying yea you can call me tomorrow night. so i called her...no answer...left a voicemail just saying hey its me call me back bye. that was at least 5 hours ago. then saw her on FB chat which she hasnt been on since the breakup...so i messaged her saying "hi" and shes ignored that too. the main thing im confused about is why the hell did she say it was ok to call her but then she wont even give me the courtesy of actually picking up the phone or calling back? if shes on fb chat right now shes clearly not busy.

Maybe she is afraid you are going to try to reconcile...

Maybe you could give her a warning about the topic of the call so that she can be prepared. If it were me I also wouldn't want to go into a conversation (in that situation) where I wasn't prepared and didn't know the subject.

It's like that whole, "we need to talk" thing... nobody wants to hear that.

Good luck!

haha thanks. she ended up responding like a hour later. said she was away from the computer but we talked for a bit she said she was planning on calling back today cause shes been feeling sick. so i guess we'll see if she actually calls. youre probably right about her not wanting to go into a convo unprepared because she kept asking what i wanted to talk to her about haha

Archived