so i recently started speaking to my ex again after a couple of months of no contact. I've talked to him a few times and have seen him a few times. Ive been wanting to talk to him about what happened because its been on my mind constantly. I brought it up a few times and he just dismissed it saying "we'll talk about it, its just not the right time". so tonight i brought up wat happened and we ended up getting in an argument and me hanging up abruptly in his ear. It's so frustrating because i dont think we can move on if we dont talk about wat happened.....its been on my mind and has been bothering me and it seems like he just doesnt understand that. I'm tempted to go back to not speaking to him but i would like to make it work. wat should i do about this communication issue??

Welcome, welcome to ENA. Honestly, you can only control your end of the communication issue. You feel you need to talk about your issues before moving on and growing back together. The problem is that you can't make him fix his end of the communication issue. If he's going to be stubborn about it then maybe you just can't fix the communication issue between the two of you. Sometimes this is the case, and you just have to part ways. If you really want to make things work, try and see when he wants to talk about it, and let him know that not talking about it is not an option for you. Let him know its important to you if you want to move forward and reconcile with him. If he still doesn't want to, you'll know where he stands with you.

Archived