Women are out.

I can relate right about now. My ex just got engaged. My most recent ex is complete NC. My best friend, a woman, just told me off this morning because I haven't been supportive enough toward her about her new boyfriend. My sister complained to my parents because I haven't been calling enough. The woman I liked at work, who asked me out, just told me she had to cancel our date on Thursday.

Women.... It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

Isn't that the reason they are exes?

don't give up on one side of the human race because two women in the millions of women in the world don't know when they have a good thing.

If i gave up on men because i got royally screwed over by one man ... then the lessons learned would have been a waste.... and I'm not about to go through all that pain and not use it for good!

I'm a woman, but it does seem that women move on to other people faster. I've never been like that, but seems a lot of women are. I am not sure why this is.

I think it might be age-related. Since most posters here are in their 20's, at that age it is VERY easy for women to meet people. But in her 40's or 50's, I think it would be the man who would be more likely to meet someone after a breakup - harder for women at that age, yet easier for men, IMO.

I'm a woman, but it does seem that women move on to other people faster. I've never been like that, but seems a lot of women are. I am not sure why this is.

Well I read something and I agree with the theory about how typically (again doesn't apply in all case but typically) women move on faster than me

1) when a man is really into a woman, all his emotional energy goes in one place - that woman ... whereas, a woman uses many outlets for emotions ... many friends, many small things, family etc... so the man gets a bigger rut after being heartbroken and cant get out easily

2) typically it is men who have to chase women .. men have to ASK women out... and men have to DO the stuff (mostly)... so after being dumped, a woman can find it easier to meet someone than a man...

3) men are typically raised being told by parents and society 'not to cry' and 'not be weak' etc... so the beakup leave us EXTREMELY confused...and the feeling of weakness lowres the self confidence... therefore of course pushing women attention away (women love confidnece)

I guess these 3 are prett strong reasons together than men find it difficult to move on... while women can in a snap..

(again... i believe in equality like someone said.. but i have seen this happen)

In a few years I'll be 60. Another folly isn't in the cards.

I don't blame women for my emotional fatigue.

My therapist just told me yesterday about a neighbor of hers who is over 90 years old (I'm pretty sure she said 104, but since I'm not 100% sure I'll say mid to late 90's) and looks like he's 80...and he recently found a 50 year old girlfriend! Can you believe it? So really, you don't know what's in the cards...unless you REALLY don't want to be with another woman ever again, you could still find someone else...you are never too old for that. As long as you have some health, you are good.

Archived