starting a new life somewhere far away soon, thoughts on contact

Hey friends, I havent posted here on a long while I have been busy with things and havent felt the need too. Its been almost a year since the breakup of our previous 2.5 relationship, I havent seen her since then but had some brief convos a couple months after the breakup, which was still a long time ago. I was happier with her than I had ever been before and she was my first true love, at this point, a year after however,

I understand it is defintiely over and have accepeted that she moved onto someone else not even a month after the breakup and that our future together we had is a non-existent one, intially i was enraged and wanted to know if that might have been going on behind my back or other stuff I was so hurt, I could care less any more, now,

I still do feel the pain every now and then but for the most part I am ok. I havent dated or been with anyone since, I dont know if this would have helped me out, prolly, but it didnt happen so I am just making the best of my time these day.

Anyways onto the point, I recently have a job relocation oppurtunity to move to el paso TX, I currently live in connecticut so this is a far trip, I will be there for over a year and then after that I had planned on moving farther west to cali. I dont think I will be coming back up here to live, def. visit family time to time but I dont wanna live in this part of the country any more. plus this is a totally new fresh start and I am excited.

Ill prolly be leaving in 2-3 weeks, Now my grandma asked me the other day if I was gonna call my ex to let her know, granny is old fashioned but the thought did cross my mind, she said you guys were friends as well as lovers and that stuff dosent go away, well I disagree with her there cause I havent seen her in a year and only talked to her twice since then so I dont think friendship has been an idea.

nonetheless I was just wondering what you guys think, should I just take off to el paso and leave everything behind, or call her up to tell her, maybe try to meet up once before I go to talk or something, dunno, whats the verdict?

I'd go without contacting her. Even if she did want to meet up it might make you want to stay or get back together? Plus she might not care which I'm assuming would hurt you.

Also, she'll be thinking "why is he calling me, does he want to give it another go?" You're kinda giving the power back to her, thus not showing that you've moved on.

Good luck whatever you decide though!

i have actually followed your story from day 1!!

i believe you are well and truly past her and over her!

so as long as you feel that if she does say no that you wont mind and it wont affect you in any way.

if you know what i said above is how you feel! I say call . what have you got to lose?

take care mate!

very best of luck!!

I'd go without contacting her. Even if she did want to meet up it might make you want to stay or get back together? Plus she might not care which I'm assuming would hurt you.

Also, she'll be thinking "why is he calling me, does he want to give it another go?" You're kinda giving the power back to her, thus not showing that you've moved on.

Good luck whatever you decide though!

Well there is no question that I am going to be committed to this move, I have not been so happy or excited for something in some time, so even if she said i wanna try again, as much as I would want anything more in the world, I now want this more than anything in the world for myself, that is this new start, but you are right about giving her back the power I guess. I thought of it as a friendly take care and have a good life but i guess I cant see it how a girl would

Well there is no question that I am going to be committed to this move, I have not been so happy or excited for something in some time, so even if she said i wanna try again, as much as I would want anything more in the world, I now want this more than anything in the world for myself, that is this new start, but you are right about giving her back the power I guess. I thought of it as a friendly take care and have a good life but i guess I cant see it how a girl would

Oh, I see. Well, if you don't intend to get back together and you make it clear that you're really happy about the move then I guess there's no harm in a friendly goodbye. But act really happy and like you're OVER her!

Just go with your gut.

• 7 years later...
you guys make good points on both sides, I guess well see how I feel about it in the coming weeks, either way I am starting fresh and am happy again just thinking about the move, I am looking forward to meeting some texas girls too.

How is it going?

Archived