Lost my girl, now my job......

Yeah, I was right there with you. I lost my apartment first (moved in with my ex which was a mistake), then I lost my job about 6 months later, then I lost her about 3 months later.

Finally got a new job, which doesn't pay as much, but has better opportunity for advancement. So, I've been using that to take my mind off of my current predicament.

Penny, so sorry to hear about your mum

For me it wasn't like it happened in the same week just that my whole life as I knew it changed because I moved back to my home country after 9 years abroad. So job, people, house, surroundings. Maybe it could have been an exciting change for some but I felt tremendously lost and without control.

OP, I got this book called "when everything changes, change everything". It might help you.

I lost my fiance, job and home all in one go. I was destroyed. Thankfully I am going through the interview process at the moment so hopefully I will have a fresh start.

same here. July of last year was the worst month of my life. I cannot even describe how hopeless I felt.

I've hit rock bottom a few weeks ago myself, and i'm still swimming in this dark pool.

it seems like bad things happen all at once. to me, it was more than double dose.

either way, sorry to hear what happened to you. I feel your pain.

Ya the past 3 months have been the pits for me. A few days before the break up in November I had the mother of all panic attacks. I just broke down completely. All the stress in my life combined with my girlfriend freezing me out broke me. Then I lost her. Now I've lost my job.

The feeling of hopeless, when combined with lonliness and loss of independance, is awful. I've found myself drinking too much, eating too much, putting on weight and generally being rather scruffy at home.

I feel like I have lost the fight in me that I once had.

You could try and put a positive spin on things, thats what i've been trying to do (not very well granted lol, but trying). Everything that was solid in your lfie has changed. Its time for a new start. We don't often get these chances in life once we get tied down.

I decided to upheave a lot of my life recently. I made the very hard decision to break up with a long term bf, I have been working in a horrible unfulfilling job for a long time too, and I am in the process of trying to leave that. Its not just a case of being able to quit, as I have to pay rent etc, I have been applying for jobs in different areas of the country, so hopefully I will be able to move away as well and start a fresh. I reached a point where I couldnt handle it anymore. It hurts like hell and I'm very scared what the future holds, but also I know that for my own sanity I have to keep going forward so I'm trying to see the many failed areas of my life as a starting point from which to rebuild from scratch again.

Understandably, hysterectomies and loss of loved ones etc mentioned above are horrible and don't fall into this category, I am referring to the things that we have in our power to change.

Good luck to all of you in rebuilding the next stage of your life how YOU want it.

Yeah I lost my gf about a month ago because she has 'feelings' for someone else. Broke my heart. Then I had to move out of my home (which I had spend a year working on for us to have fun in together) because it was the only logical decision and consquently couldn't keep my job.

Basically since the new year my life has completely changed and it is taking a LOT of getting over.

We'll get there though. Good luck.

Edit: I was also made redundant last year from a different job in a 'out the back door' fashion. Been a tough year.

Archived