Signs?

tiff872

I'm not really sure where this would go but do u guys believe in signs? Like certain things that happen that kind of point u in a certain direction?

I ask this because I recently prayed that God would show me where I'm supposed to be. That He would give me some sort of sign or signs to where I should be and the very same day I had a few particular things happen that pointed my mind to my ex...an ex that broke up with me for a job in a different state.

Normally I would write it off as me just wishful thinking but they were pretty distinct things...just thought i 'd get some of your thoughts about signs, etc.

Have fun!

Unless your ex calls and says, "Hey, I'm moving back! Let's hook up again!" or something similar happens I think you'll have to chalk it up to coincidence.

Granted, you didn't explain the distinct things, so it's not like I have much to go on other than cynicism.

Oh, and no, I don't believe in omens or signs beyond things that are already observable as they are but can be interpreted to be more than coincidence or a precursor to the actual event.

Yea...I believe in signs...I guess its part of my faith that makes me think that God speaks to us through different aspects of our lives.

I work at a hospital and on that day I had a patient come in with is same first and middle name..same initials just different last name, a guy with the same name and birthday, and a kid that had his son's name and birthday.

It's not like I'm gonna jet off to see him and propose cuz the "signs" tell me to. Lol I just thought it was an interesting topic to discuss! Thanks for the input!

I definitely believe in signs, but I think that you have to be very careful in thinking something is a sign. I tend to not put too much stock in them until it's something that happens many different times throughout a significant period of time. And even then, I think you have to be very careful what you do with them.

Yes I do believe in signs. I have been going through a hard time mentally struggling with trying to break up with my boyfriend. I had asked last week for God to send me a sign if I was meant to break up with him. Two days later I found out that he has been selling drugs.

I think that I have gotten signs when I am struggling the most. I dont see them everyday, its only through prayer when I ask for a resolution to my toughest problems.

cool. yea my sign wasnt a good one this time. But when I was deciding which of two schools to go to, I prayed, and that night, I paid for a restaurant bill with a pen with the name of the school on the side of it. I picked that school and I have been successful since.

there are many other examples, usually pertaining to my significant others who turned out to be really bad news.

I do believe in signs and i believe its a way of God communicating..i do believe God communicates in many different ways and if you have Faith in Him you will see this happen regularly.

And yes all things happen for a reason and we are exactly where we are supposed to be, doing exactly what we are doing..even if we don't like it or understand the why's i believe its all for a purpose.

• 1 month later...

my current girlfriends name is an anagram of mine, i always thought it was meant to be, both deeply into spiritualism, (didnt know at the time) was that a sign? i think it was, whatever the outcome of us, it was meant to happen, good or bad, because we will both learn from each other.

my name is jason and hers is josan, what are the odds on that? esp with the restrictive letters, as we are on the signs situ, check out the months of the year: j f m a m j J A S O N d, and i was born in november, november being the last letter in my name.

ta da !!!!!!!

I thought this were several signs, but not sure.

1) I had been looking for an old friend on the internet. I found him on Facebook the very day he created it. He told me that something convinced him to create one that day. I had been searching for him for years.

2) The night after we first spoke, I dreamt I married him. I've never been one into marriage which stunned me. Since then I've had several dreams about him including dreaming I was having a baby at a specific hospital. I have never been to this hospital but vividly dreamt of the birthing room. When I woke up I looked it up. The birthing room was identical to my dream.

3) When I saw him again, my first vision was me marrying him. Everytime I see his photo I imagine either giving birth or getting married.

Coincidences or signs? I hope signs but we'll see. He's the only guy I've imagined marrying of having children with and these are strong. Strangely, if I imagine myself marrying or having children with someone else, it's never a happy occasion. However, the guy I like is having issues and not sure he'll ever get over them (bad previous relationship, mother presuring him, etc). I just keep hoping that this is happening for a reason (I am unemployed currently for instance) and that we will end up together.

Archived