Attracting a girl I purposefully avoided at the start!

drummadness

Hi guys...my first post!

I had a relationship end (my choice) around 3 months ago and then began a new job- just one positive outcome of ending the relationship. However, at my work place there was a girl who was also new and who travelled the same route to and from work as me. I talked a bit to her and got on really well, and I'm pretty sure she was interested in me. But even though she was really pretty, I wasn't in the mood to start anything new with anyone- I just wanted to live my life! So I didn't really take our friendship that far.

Now I'm looking for a relationship again and would really like to see if this girl was interested in me. She works a different shift pattern to me, so there is only one night a week that I see her at work. We do say hello and catch eyes at times but due the nature of our work, I don't really get the chance to talk to her that much. She also has a friend who she travels with now, so I find talking to her then a bit difficult!

Anyway, I wanted some advice on getting talking to her. I don't know how she felt about me before, really because I didn't take it that far, but I hope she didn't feel like I was rude in anyway. I'm not really shy, but not overly confident either, especially when flirting with girls, so picking the right way to show interest in her is something I'm having trouble with!

First off, welcome! Maybe you should try to get a group of people from work to go out and have a drink some night that was you're not specifically asking her on a date but you'll be in a more social situation where you can get to know her a little better. Or, if you want one on one time ask her out for coffee or something more casual. Try to have a more than hi how are you? conversation with her. Show her you're a little interested in who she is and ask about her.

Archived