Why doesn't she trust me on this?

fiishh

I'm going to try to keep this short. Basically I met my girlfriend online, and so to talk we still use the chat room where we met. Well earlier on someone else in the room commented on us talking and said she was being harsh to me, and they asked about it a few times. Now my girlfriend assumes they said that because I had been bad mouthing her to this person, and when I tell her I hadn't and I don't even know this person she doesn't believe me, and she said she doesn't trust me now because of this.

I've never done anything to make her not trust me, at all, so I don't get why she will not believe me on this. She went to sleep (apparently, more like ignoring me) and is ignoring all the messages I sent saying that she should trust me. It hurts quite a lot that she thinks low enough of me to think I'd do that and to not trust me.

Why is she being like this and what can I do to make her believe me? It's so frustrating

Perhaps it is easier for her to pretend you've done as she accuses, than it is to admit that she was indeed being harsh toward you. Perhaps, in other words, her behaviour now is a defense mechanism - protecting her ego from feelings of accountability.

I've thought about it and I really have done nothing for her to not trust me, not even a little thing. I don't think she was being harsh so it's not like I can even agree with what the person said, I even defended her when they said it but she's just assumed I was talking bad of her, and to make it worse she's totally ignoring me now, no matter how many times I say I didn't talk to this person.

Archived