I feel silly just typing this..I used to make fun of people my age talking about myspace or fb but as silly as this would have sounded when it was other people who were involved its really bothering me

Boyfriend and I met online years ago..became good friends over the years and never intended for a relationship to happen until he confessed he had feeling for me last year..eventually we agreed to hold off meeting other people until we met in person and made a decision

We met 3 months ago and hit it off straight away..he was truly wonderful to me during his stay and now he is back

within a week of us being together he asked me to be his girlfriend..he then asked to meet my parents etc and when he went back he told his parents about me

but he just REFUSES to change his fb status...his reason is "i have always had it blank"..yet it bothered him that mine was just blank..I hated having to ask him but I did because it had started to really bother me..I explained to him why, and how with the distance and me not knowing most of the girls around him (and there are MANY)..I would feel more comfortable if he does it...weeks later and he hasnt

is this a red flag or am i just reading too much into it?

if it's blank, let him leave it blank. Not everyone likes people on fb to know about their personal lives. Plus, when you change it from single to in a relationship it shows up on everyone's news feed and they can make comments on it. He probably doesn't wanna deal with that.

but it's weird he wants you to change your status. i wouldn't do it just cause he insisted if he wouldn't do it cause you wanted him to. screw that.

Don't worry about it. Both my boyfriend and I have ours as blank; we've been dating over 4 years. The people who matter (and many other people) know we're dating. Think about it... do you really want "A & B are no longer in a relationship" to appear on everyone's newsfeer, or "A is now listed as single"... better to just have nothing in my opinion, at least until you're married.

My fiance and I both left our relationship statuses blank until we got engaged. I didn't want a break-up plastered all over facebook if it didn't work out.

It is weird that he wants to keep his blank and doesn't want you to keep yours blank, though. Double-standards are often a cause for concern.

If he hasn't told everyone on facebook about you, let him leave it blank. This is much better than if it still said single. If it said single you have every right to tell him to blank it out. After I met my girlfriend in person we both took single off our facebook but did not change it to "in a relationship" until after I moved closer to her.

Archived