developing a relationship

jsmith9

I go to boarding school and am decently good friends with a girl I like. I frequently ask her to spend time with me by watching a movie among other things, very little of which she agrees to. I don't feel that this reaction is a result of her not liking me, but rather a result of her being too busy and doing things with her friends. I imagine to her, I am just another friend and it doesn't really matter whom she spends time with. I am not hiding the fact that I like her, and it seems to me that it appears fairly obvious, although I can't tell if she realizes it or not, she probably does. I have known her for four months and have been stuck in the friend zone for quite some time. I am wondering how I can get out of this zone. Would doing more stuff with her as I have been trying help? Or should I take another approach? At this point I only really do stuff with her occasionally on the weekends as during the week she is always with her friends, and I am trying to stay clear of just joining her circle of friends. I am also wondering if I should continue just being her friend (and therefore her friends' friend) or make it clear I want to be more, and how fast should I move. If she had a choice between doing something with me or one of her "girlfriends" she would probably go with her other friend, although she still probably enjoys doing things with me. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to ENA. Well, by reading your post, I think she strictly wants to be friends. I am not seeing an effort on her part to think otherwise. I say try not to even try to persuade her into liking you. When and if she likes you, she will make an effort to start something more with you.

Archived