I think I'm depressed and i dont know what to do

woot

I really think I may be depressed. I have never dealt with this before and i think that's making it 10x harder for me. I have no interest to hang out with my friends or do any of the things i used to do. The only things i kind of want to do are go to work and school, and most of the time i don't want to do that. It's not bc i lazy or anything, I've always been a hard worker, so please don't get the wrong impression guys. I feel empty and like im just here. It sucks, bc i have no one to talk to who would really understand what im going through. I'm crying as i write this and i sure as hell wish the tears would stop. I don't know HOW to go back to being 'normal' or the way i used to be. I don't feel like ME at all and i miss myself. It doesn't help that my now ex bf and i still live together and he's mean to me. He said some really mean things to me tonight that i never thought he would ever say to me. Right now i can truly say that i HATE my life, and i have never EVER said or felt like this before. EVER. I dont know what to do yall and it's ruining my friendships and basically my life. Help please.

Well, I was going to ask you why you were depressed, but it appears you've answered that in your post. It seems you're in a very inhospitable environment right now. While it may be easier said than done, your first order of business should be to move away from your ex boyfriend.

image removed

I totally understand where you come from, I have been in your situation not that long ago. You have to get out of there as soon as possible! you should NOT be living with him any more if you guys are broken up. Trust me, once you get out of there and start NC you will feel much better.

Well, I was going to ask you why you were depressed, but it appears you've answered that in your post. It seems you're in a very inhospitable environment right now. While it may be easier said than done, your first order of business should be to move away from your ex boyfriend.

Yea we broke up tonight bc he just doesn't trust me at all.

I know i need to get out, but it's SO hard man...I mean i LOVE this guy, but he treats me like crap when he gets mad, which make me feel like crap. I want to believe he will change, but after tonight i know he will never change. You know how you feel like no one will ever love you as much and blah blah? Well i feel like that right now.

image removed

I totally understand where you come from, I have been in your situation not that long ago. You have to get out of there as soon as possible! you should NOT be living with him any more if you guys are broken up. Trust me, once you get out of there and start NC you will feel much better.

Are you sure? I feel like i would only feel worse once he's gone. I dont even know if that would make these other feeling si have go away. I dont know anymore.

Hello woot

from what you have said it sounds like your dealing with a lot of pain and depression. I only have a limited since of what your going threw but ill do my best to help. Depression in of itself is breed thew isolation. You need to get up and do something with your friends or go some where social ( don't ball up ) , I find that always helps me when im feeling depressed. I know its tempting to ball up and not do anything and there is a time to do that , but its best to do something. I know you may feel like you cant talk to anyone but you have to try emotions just don't go away , you need an outlet or they will just bury themselves inside you. If you feel they cant truly understand you , at least let them try sometimes just talking to someone helps.

Don't let your ex take advantage of your feelings. Stay away from him get some personal space of your own. Weather or not its locking your self in a room and reading or leaving the house for awhile. Get some breathing room from his vindictive actions.

Its late for me and I have to go to bed , I'm sorry I cant be of more help to you. While I cant truly understand your feelings , I have been depressed before and feeling like no one understands me I know it feels terrible and I really wish i could do more for you woot.

Are you sure? I feel like i would only feel worse once he's gone. I dont even know if that would make these other feeling si have go away. I dont know anymore.

I was in your situation. I was afraid to move out, I was afraid of him completely going out of my life but I was MISERABLE when we were living in the same place. So much sadness and heartache because of his behavior. All these pains didn't magically disappeared after I moved out, but I felt much better. It was still very hard to deal with the break up, but it was easier to accept that it was over and I pushed myself to forget him each day. You have to move out to be able to heal, trust me.

The thing is when i do do something with my friends, i really dont have a good time. I dont go in thinking 'hey im determined to NOT have a good time' it just always seems to end up like that. I've talked to one of my best friends, bc shes felt the way i have before, and it did help at the time, but now im right back to square one, feeling the way i did before.

I swear i try not to let him upset me, but i can't ignore someone saying hurtful crap to me and i still love him. I mean, i honestly do try my best, but it gets me in the end. I wish i had never met him.

I was in your situation. I was afraid to move out, I was afraid of him completely going out of my life but I was MISERABLE when we were living in the same place. So much sadness and heartache because of his behavior. All these pains didn't magically disappeared after I moved out, but I felt much better. It was still very hard to deal with the break up, but it was easier to accept that it was over and I pushed myself to forget him each day. You have to move out to be able to heal, trust me.

That's EXACTLY how i feel about him! I am miserable a lot of the time, and it's always based of how HE feels. He has a way to make everyone around him feel the way he does when he's mad, ect.

What did you do once oyu moved out? I mean did you spend a lot of time with your friends? What did you do?? I feel like when i leave, all im going to be able to do is stay in my room and freakin cry, and i DONT want to do that.

That's EXACTLY how i feel about him! I am miserable a lot of the time, and it's always based of how HE feels. He has a way to make everyone around him feel the way he does when he's mad, ect.

What did you do once oyu moved out? I mean did you spend a lot of time with your friends? What did you do?? I feel like when i leave, all im going to be able to do is stay in my room and freakin cry, and i DONT want to do that.

I was lonely too. I was basically lonely during the week, but spent some time with friends on weekends. Having friends is very important, but don't be surprised if you still think of him even when you are hanging out with someone. If you don't have any friends, you can try to make some friends. The most important thing is to keep yourself busy and do things that make you feel good about yourself. I know you might feel like you don't want to do a lot of stuff, but force yourself to do them. Force yourself to go to gym, to go out shopping etc. Like I said, at first they all will be hard, but with time you heal and get better and better.

I agree with worriedgirl. I have been depressed on many occasions and going out and doing something has sounded like a gruesome and horrible idea. I just wanted to lay down and do nothing. I decided I'd try to force myself to do the things that used to make me happy. I went out and longboarded all day. At first I was tired and depressed and wanted to go home. But soon I realized that I loved longboarding and it was able to make me happy again. I doubt it will be this easy for you, but the idea is the same. Do what you love and let it make you happy!

You know how you feel like no one will ever love you as much and blah blah? Well i feel like that right now.

I have experienced that feeling every time I had to walk away from a girl I really cared about. And you know what? That feeling lasts for a while (depending on how long you two were together), but soon it goes away. Once you meet that new person you'll look back and wonder why you ever felt the way you did about him.

Archived