Want opinions

chrisWIP

Of course I have more information It is my life after all.

But I feel like the circumstances are inconsequential in this case. It's a dilemma of principle alone.

Also, the woman in question does not love me.

For all that is good about her, she has an equal amount of bad. And her bad is as bad as the good is good. It breaks my heart that she is this way, but I don't have illusions of her changing...

So do I accept her for who she is, knowing I could love her throughout; or do I say "I deserve better" and start removing her from my life. It's a very un-romantic notion, based on rationalizations and the weighing of intangible things, such as my overall happiness and wellness, in two hypothetical scenarios that have yet to play out.

I am Bipolar and have been told a million times by different guys that I have been ivolved with that I am this way. I don't want to be and I don't choose this.

Could this be her case? My current BF tells me my good is so amazing that sometimes he looks past my bads cause he knows I have a great heart. At the same time when I am in my bad it gets really bad.

A few questions. You say she does not love you and well how do you know that? Do you love her? Does she make you happy when times are good? What sets her off to her "bad"?

It sounds like you are more unhappy than happy in this relationship. I think you can find someone who will treat you better. I don't usually tell people to leave because I think it is hard to find someone who fits us well, but in this case, especially since you say she doesn't love you, it would be best for you to find someone who does. You are smart to realize that you cannot make her change.

I've already begun taking steps to remove her from my life. It's a shame really, but I feel it needs to be done. I feel better because of it.

cj91481:

She isn't officially diagnosed as bipolar, she may be. I know she does not love me because she told me. She can indeed make me very happy when she is happy. What sets her off? I don't know, it has been different things at different times over the course of three years...

catfeeder:

This is a woman I could see building a life together with. The only one I've ever met that I could say that about. If it has a chance to happen it is years away. She was not always this way. She is not currently my girlfriend and I purposefully omitted details because it is an unnecessarily complicated situation. But you speak true words... she does lack respect for me, perhaps because of the role I am willing to play in her life.

Puddincup:

Again, I neglected to say I was not in a relationship with her. What I'm talking about is cutting her out of my life - right now she is only a friend that I happen to love.

Archived