How do i tell her i think shes lost weight?

Baldey

I think she has, and she looks better and sexier. Though i cant just say that, cause its implying she looked bad before.

The reason im asking, is around Christmas i made a really bad mistake. U can read all about it here:

tho if you dont want to read that all of text, heres the short version. I said to her face "you belly is a little big" . It was extremely moronic of me to say that, and i really love her the same no mater how big her belly is. Ive made it up to her by now, and she knows that i love her.

I dont want to miss making a comment on her loosing weight if she really is. Maybe shes trying, and if i dont praise her for trying she will feel bad.

Personally i think i should just leave it alone because of Christmas. I know girls weight is a touchy subject... And i dont want to bring it all up again. But i also dont want to miss a compliment where its due... Maybe i should just say something like " you have been looking better and better lately, but i just cant put my finger on what it is" . Though thats still implying she looked worse before right? I dono... i just need some help choosing my words carefully

Why not sign up and do some activities together with the notion you BOTH need to get into shape and at the same time spend some time together?

You're right, a woman's weight is a pretty big issue but you becoming less attracted to her will ultimately lead to bigger problems.

Be sensitive to her, support her and do it together with the emphasis on "we need to" rather than "you need to".

Good Luck Bud !

I would just say to her often that she looks amazing/beautiful/gorgeous/sexy when she comes over or when you two go on dates. She knows whether or not she's lost weight, and I don't think you need to point out to her that you've noticed the particulars, but complimenting her on her appearance in general will make her feel good.

The only time I would want my boyfriend (or anybody) to make a comment about my weight would be if I said -"oh I've been working so hard and I've lost weight, I'm so happy". Then I would want a "I'm so proud of you sweetheart, you look amazing". Apart from that, don't mention weight loss. My mother recently told me I looked like I had lost weight and it didn't make me feel good.

thanks for that tip sophie. And i go to the gym at least once a week. I know thats not a lot, but i cant really sign up for one with her casue im already going, and my gym is a campus gym. only for students. She doesn't go to my school.

Her weight doesn't effect how much i love her no. But it does matter in the sense that it would benefit her to loose some... And id be lying if i said she wouldn't look a little better if she did. Though id never say that to her face. Which bugs me cause i wish she would say things like that to my face but i know she wount ever.

Just compliment her in general. Implying that she looks great now, is making a reference to how she ddin't look so great before. And if something happens and she gains it back, she'll just be more self conscious.

Just compliment in general. Tell her she's beuatiful, that she's sexy, whatever. If she's starting to lose weight and she starts to feel better and there's a positive reaction from you, it will only make her feel better.

But don't be specific. You've messed up before with a specific comment, just compliment in general.

Baldey, I get the feeling you're only complimenting her to get further results from her. In other words, to encourage her to lose more weight.

Just stop, if that's the case. Stick to generalized compliments and don't manipulate. She sounds like a sensitive person and you're only going to compound what happened previously.

Baldey, I get the feeling you're only complimenting her to get further results from her. In other words, to encourage her to lose more weight.

Just stop, if that's the case. Stick to generalized compliments and don't manipulate. She sounds like a sensitive person and you're only going to compound what happened previously.

I agree!

If she's gained weight since you two were together, she KNOWS it. If you can notice it, she can notice it too. She already knows you want her to lose weight, and apparently she's losing it, so consider yourself lucky and stick to complimenting her!

Archived