Has anyone started to loose their hair, please help with ideas for regrowth

Hi all, im just posting this due to the 3rd time in amonth being called baldy, i know these people are pathetic, but it does hurt afterwards when i think about it. Im only 28 and i am loosing the top part of my hair, it is starting to look like a monks haircut.

I have really lost my confidence, just 2 years ago i had a full head of hear, with no sign of balding, but i think due to a stressful yr last year with loosing my job etc, it added to the heridetary hair loss i that has occurred. My fathers has lost a lot of his hair just a little more than mine but he didnt loose it till his late 30s.

Does anyone know of any remedies or tried any remedies i just want to try something to perhaps help me psycologically and help my confiedence. Im not expecting my hair to be like when i was 18 but to be a little thicker woould even give me a massive confidence boost. I have noticed regain/rogaine but it says that i may loose hair to begin with, which seems a waste of time but i know there are other products but am embarrssed to ask people.

Thanks

I started to lose my hair around my mid 30's, and it's progressed to the point where half my hair on top is gone. ( I'm in my 40's now )

In most cases hair loss is genetic. You can try to fight it with drugs, but I don't know many men where this was a good solution. ( results weren't that great )

...So for myself, I just embraced my partial baldness and switched to a very very short hair style. The stylist uses a number 1 electric clipper blade, so my hair's about 1/4 inch long, and it looks great. I get very friendly looks from women all the time.

One thing though, is that you cannot be bald and fat, and hope to be attractive to the opposite sex. It's just a terrible combination. Which means that if you are not in good shape now, you have to start making working out your religion. 3-4 times a week for the rest of your life. I am strong and fit because of this. It is a big boost to my self confidence, and I think this is one of the reasons why women are quite attracted to me.

So I recommend embracing your coming baldness, and balance this out by being fit and friendly. The women won't notice, and neither will you.

Good-luck!

Great advice!

I shave my head as well with clippers. I was using a 1 clipper and took it off for an even closer cut and it works for me. I also have a little tan up top. He is so right about being fit. I lost my gut and women say I look 8 years younger. I never thought the shaved look would be appealing but it is. I would say that 2/3 of women have no issue with it at all and it does bring our the good facial features ( eyes and lips) I am 41 but get judged more on having no gut than being bald. I use to be so paranoid about losing my hair. My ex was very hot and didn't care although she too liked it when I cut it short and tanned a little.

its just a big knock to self confidence, i already have bad teeth, which thank god i am sorting out tomorrow incedently, it just seems everyhting has gone wrong last year looks wise and as im usually confident i dont have trouble meeting women, im already traing four times a week, think i have a good physique so maybe come to terms, although i do think my face does not suit short hair, maybe i should gradually go shorter see how it looks, i think i am finding it harder due to being at uni as well, im in a class with teenagers, and have moved to a different country which makes it hard to find a partner or even friends of the same age.

Most women with half a brain know that the majority of men do end up losing some or most of their hair eventually. So, therefore, they should consider it an extremely superficial/meaningless trait on which to judge a man's appearance.

Weight and other aspects of appearance are much more within a man's control, so my advice is focus on the things you can actually do something about.

That being said, my personal preference for a guy is to have his hair buzzed very short, shaved, or bald. I think it makes a man look very masculine, which lots of women find attractive.

Archived