How do I make my bum bigger??

Shmiley_Phace

i know it seems foolish but my ex really liked it when i had a big bum, and i tried doin these exercises online for it but it only made it smaller!!!!! and i just don't want to feel like he's right lol. he said a couple weeks ago that i had no bum at all now. it makes me feel bad! now i just want to do it for myself so i won't be questioning myself because of him!

tips?!

how about try stop doing the exercies and see what happens

'i like big butts and i cannot lie'

i dont wanna stop exercising though lol

* * * ?? LOL.

I have been some crazy questions on this website but this one takes the cake.

If you want to exercise, do that because it is healthy. Not because you want a big bum or whatever. You look really beautiful.

i do! its just i hoped i could help my bum out along the way! lol

and thank you.

Are you overall very slim (low body fat)? If so, it's going to be hard for you to have a big anything.

But anyway, you can do weight exercises that work your glutes. Squats (with weights - as low as possible), lunges, step-ups (onto a stool) with weights, the stairmaster or running on a steep incline.

I do a video on youtube called "eight minute buns" - look it up, it's free obviously - that's designed to tone your bottom, and I think it's killer. My butt is so sore at the end!

Are you overall very slim (low body fat)? If so, it's going to be hard for you to have a big anything.

But anyway, you can do weight exercises that work your glutes. Squats (with weights - as low as possible), lunges, step-ups (onto a stool) with weights, the stairmaster or running on a steep incline.

I do a video on youtube called "eight minute buns" - look it up, it's free obviously - that's designed to tone your bottom, and I think it's killer. My butt is so sore at the end!

no im not very slim, i have fat lol. (135 lbs/about 61 kg, 5'7") i was doin lunges n squats but it made my backside smaller! i suppose the fat has to burn as the muscle builds..bleh. does simple running help also? i remember in school i had aerobics class every year, plus running a mile or two every other day. and one day i just noticed i had a good bum! lol thank you for your help!

Well 135 5'7" is quite slim, but normal enough that you can have a bum for sure!

A lot of it does depend on genetics. I know girls my same height and weight who have much bigger and much smaller bottoms than me. The thing with running/lunges/squats/any exercise is that if you're exercise intensively you often lose body fat, and so appear slimmer overall. If you want to have a defined bottom you have to build muscle in that area as well so that it appears bigger. From my experience with men though, a small but toned bottom is better or just as good as a bigger, more "jiggly/fatty" one.

Running does help, although running will likely make you lose body fat (if you don't increase your food intake), so you'll want to compensate by building muscle on your bottom (which is what the weight exercises do). Aerobics generally help because you're doing lots of squats and lunges and step-ups and so forth.

If you run, try doing hill runs once or twice a week - a warm-up run and then picking a hill near you and running up it 3-5 times (depending on the length/steepness of the hill). That will help your running and your glutes!

You can also build stairs into your running work-out. Pick a building or stadium or somewhere with stairs and run up and down them a number of times.

Ever notice how all female figure skaters have big butts, considering how little body fat they have? It's from using those muscles excessively.

Edit - I do advise caution with changing your body, just to please an SO. Unless you're losing weight for health reasons and trying to tone up, the rest is self-defeating.

gotcha! i should return to my school routine then, i do have a proportionate hourglass figure, but when i gained weight it sortve melted but i think its come back. just not as much fat goes to my bum anymore, more so to my waist, but i suppose thats come with age and no longer teen hormones lol? can only imagine. im just afraid of overdoing it...like if my normal figure is generally hourglass, and i gained weight then continued to lose, i should essentially still have the hourglass when im done right? i only want to lose 5 lbs more, 130 lbs is perfect to me. n i think it IS genetic cuz my moms the same.

yes i will keep that in mind. it is partially, but even before the breakup i wanted to look my best and was in the process of weight loss! but true..those skaters bums are great! lol

Ever notice how all female figure skaters have big butts, considering how little body fat they have? It's from using those muscles excessively.

i was actually thinking that the speed skaters have really big butts.. must be a big butt of muscle

• 3 weeks later...

Same way men think they can enlarge their penises - you can't! Or, try eating more Burger King and greasy pizza. A lot of beer will help. Problem is, you will just get obese and unhealthy.

Your BF sounds like an idiot for putting that kind of crap on you, and you are just as bad for responding to it. Get some self-esteem and tell they guy to take a hike, or at least stop watching the unreal rent-a-booties on rap videos.

You are what you are - exervcise and healthly living are way more attractive than a big-butt.

Archived