and how would you respond...

stormie

...to someone who used to be a close friend of yours, and now it seems like everything you do gets on their last nerve?

Would you distance yourself? Look for them?

Long story short, seems like she's always picking fights and she deleted me from a few of her sites. After I tried to have a conversation with her and I told her that I cared about her and love her as a friend, she basically told me to go decorate my home in facebook. lol Like no sort of response to my being nice to her.

So, I told her that she was being prideful. She took offense to that, but oh well. I was nice to her and expressed how I felt - considering that we were both "soul sisters" before, and all she does is tell me to go decorate my fake home on facebook.

Allow distance and time to heal what words obviously can't. If you continue to reach out to her and she bites you, you'll only feel a bigger urge to retaliate and make things worse.

If you want to leave your door open for future mending, you can tell her that much, but don't look for a response, and don't respond if she replies with a bite.

My heart goes out to you, and I hope you'll find soon enough that when one door closes, another opens.

Thanks for your sympathies, catfeeder and for your advice, anggrace.

I don't understand how two people can be soul sisters and now I get on her last nerve. It's like everything that I say she uses to pick a fight.

I'm not going to look for her, but at the same time, I dont' want her to think that I"m the one who is upset, because i'm not.

Thanks for your sympathies, catfeeder and for your advice, anggrace.

I don't understand how two people can be soul sisters and now I get on her last nerve. It's like everything that I say she uses to pick a fight.

I'm not going to look for her, but at the same time, I dont' want her to think that I"m the one who is upset, because i'm not.

That's understandable, just be kind whenever you run into her, and this will be especially effective if you remain kind even if she goes pissy.

If you two were that close, it sounds like a case of juvenile sibling rivalry coming out in her. She may want to try spreading her wings to fly solo for a while, and the only way she knows how to distance herself is to make it a fight.

This is probably just a phase. I did the same thing to my sister and some of my friends when I was young--I didn't own the maturity to know how to break away and stay connected at the same time. I loved them all again in time.

i'm trying not to think about it, but it sure does hurt to be told to "go play a video game" when I'm telling her that I love her as a friend. It's not every day that I tell people that I love them.

You're ahead of her in maturity, Stormie--it happens, and it does hurt. She'll catch up to you someday.

Archived