I need some NC support here from you

Remind me, and others too NOT Call, text, email, look at pictures, think, dream, or think of the memories of my X and remind me NOT to look at her FACEBOOK which is the worst thing you can do if you are trying to forget about someone.

I have deleted anything and everything that can remind me of her. And I never ever want to contact her again. As long as my heart is beating, I will never want to hear that woman's voice again. Yes she hurt me that bad.

Tell me to be strong and Let her go! I really need to forget about this woman.

i had the same kinda thing.. was with someone nearly 5 years and got rid of complete contact with her. the best thing i ever did. because believe it or not ull be feelin better in a few days n ull be forgetting within a week. thats the best thing bout no contact. u will never be reminded. someone tht hurts u tht much dont deserve any of ur * * * * in time. stay strong and be urself. as hard as it may be to believe its easier than u think

I am doing almost everything humanly possible. Problem is that everywhere I go in this city we have been to. So I decided to force myself to go to some of these places and replace those memories with others, I dont know if it will work, but I want to create a positive thought instead of a dreadful thought.

Still say I am Fragile. But I will admit, even tho it killed me to delete every single picture and that was about 2,000 pictures, it felt kind of good, like I was finally starting to progress and taking the first steps into a hard journey.

the first step is admitting thats its over. there is no easy way out or quick fixes with memories. just think about the good times you've had. i was always scared of goin into places myself.. "wot if i see her" "wot if she talks to me" so wot!? point is u have much right to be there and enjoy ur dam time while doin it in the process. leave the past behind and live for today. cliche.. yes.. true.. deffinately. hell just enjoy urself with ur pals or wotever and have a dam gud time while u can. chin up mate things will get better, as hard as it may be to believe, the way i always think of it is... theres always someone worse out there. i know it might not help but its a good way of thinkin

Problem is that everywhere I go in this city we have been to. So I decided to force myself to go to some of these places and replace those memories with others, I dont know if it will work, but I want to create a positive thought instead of a dreadful thought.

Still say I am Fragile. But I will admit, even tho it killed me to delete every single picture and that was about 2,000 pictures, it felt kind of good, like I was finally starting to progress and taking the first steps into a hard journey.

I went through the same thing as far as visiting places. Immediately after the break up, I avoided many places; especially the area we lived in together. Ironically, I took a job close by to where we used to live and it was difficult being over there at first, but I'm getting used to it.

Keep doing what your doing, even though it's hard and painful, because reliving every moment we have with them will only serve to cause us more pain.

When you feel yourself going to that place, immediately do something to take the edge off.

Contacting at this stage will only hurt you. Keep it going and remember you are not alone, as there are people here on ENA including myself that will help you get through this.

(hugs) Christina

I am doing almost everything humanly possible. Problem is that everywhere I go in this city we have been to. So I decided to force myself to go to some of these places and replace those memories with others, I dont know if it will work, but I want to create a positive thought instead of a dreadful thought.

Remind me, and others too NOT Call, text, email, look at pictures, think, dream, or think of the memories of my X and remind me NOT to look at her FACEBOOK which is the worst thing you can do if you are trying to forget about someone.

I have deleted anything and everything that can remind me of her. And I never ever want to contact her again. As long as my heart is beating, I will never want to hear that woman's voice again. Yes she hurt me that bad.

Tell me to be strong and Let her go! I really need to forget about this woman.

Be strong mate. You will get there.

DazB

Ya, do not try to remind yourself of NOT doing this or that~ Get adapted to new life, accept the end of a relationship, everything will end when there is a start. You just cannot simply forget a thing or some event , but when times flow, you will not easily remember it anymore^.

It is okay to fail a relationship, no matter how disastrous it would be, and there is no winner nor loser... so cheers.

Once you´ve NC for a few days, it will get easier. The first few times are the hardest. It was so bad that I had to get out of the house each time he would be online and I was temped to chat with him.

I´m back on NC and it´s working for me this time cause I resent my ex so much right now. Sad but true!!

I'm right here with you! Today is day 1 of NC. I just got done deleting her number from my phone, just cleared out my email of all the loving emails she sent me, which i shouldnt have re-read

I almost made it 24 hours without talking to her over the weekend but broke down and texted her. So hopefully i can do this too

I'm right here with you! Today is day 1 of NC. I just got done deleting her number from my phone, just cleared out my email of all the loving emails she sent me, which i shouldnt have re-read

I almost made it 24 hours without talking to her over the weekend but broke down and texted her. So hopefully i can do this too

I told you not to re-read them.. its okay, you will live. I think we like to wallow in our own pitty sometimes. We allow ourselves to go back to the feeling of the relationship and feel just for one min how it felt again, then we go thru an hour of the pain that follows because it somehow allows us to be close to our Xs again.

We have to stop doing that. yesterday so sucked for me. it was a horrible day, I went about 4 days without balling my eyes out, then BAM.. I was thinking of all the things I had to do to become happy and she didnt have to do a DAMN thing and she is happy as ever already! While I have to work hard for my happiness. It totally blows!

Just one of those days for me yesterday I guess, but the sun did rise and that means its a new day. Another chance for me to advance and earn my happiness.

I told you not to re-read them..

Yes i know, i know...

You can be glad to hear that I didn't fully read any of them, just skimmed through the first few words. That had to stop because I began feeling sick and I knew that was not going to do any good for me. But i suppose we do like it sometimes..

We will make it through this! They wont be the only ones who get to be happy

The best advice my sister gave me is this: Everything you think you want to do right (call, write, facebook) now is the wrong thing to do. Also, block them on facebook and they will not show up even if you cave in and try to search for their profile (guilty!) Even seeing his comments or his picture on our mutual friends' lists was hard. So I blocked him and none of that shows up anymore. It helps!

she is no longer on my computer, phone, she is no friend on FB, too bad I cant block myself from seeing her page!!! Or can you do that? I dont have any energy to text, call, email, or hear from her ever again. Its over, 0% chance of her ever coming back and I want this woman out of my life. I am just tired, weak, prideless, spiritless, and feels like I dont have the energy to go thru my long road to recovery, only so many times a heart can be broken before it says.. okay, Im done!!! So many times a man can be beat down before he says..my mind desires to get up, my body says its too hurt. Thats my deal righ tnow.

If you go into your FB settings you will find the option to block someone. All their comments will be gone, their profile will be gone and you will be free from "accidentally" seeing something you'd rather wish you hadn't. I recommend!

I hear you on multiple heart breaks by the same person. Why are people so messed up and confused? Just take things a day at a time, or a couple hours at a time. I am finding the healing process to be like taking 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards - it sucks when you go backwards into deep sadness, but it's not going to last forever. I also tell myself that I am probably going to feel the gray cloud over my shoulders for a while and that I should probably try to get used to it. This helps take the pressure off myself to "get over it". What are we in such a big hurry to get over it for anyhow? Do you really want to jump into a stressful love relationship any time soon? Relax. This is our chance to enjoy freedom, enjoying being carefree and also a time to learn some of life's great lessons that we'd eventually have to learn anyway. Might as well get this out of the way and fully learn from it.

If I block her FB, cant I still see it? Just she cant see mine? I dont care if shes mine, she is no friend of mine and all there is are the profile pictures. Now I dont want to see HERS.

As far as the speed of getting over it. Its not that I want to date again as fast as possible, I have accepted I will be single for a while, and no time frame on it. I dont care to give my heart out again, and cant be in a relationship for a while.

I want to remove the emotion from the memories, and I want to do that asap. I no longer want to be in pain, I want my strength back, I want to be happy again and as long as the emotion of this woman is still in me, that wont happen. And when you are 40+ yes speed helps. If you are in your 20s, time is on your side, 30s you are still okay, 40s, now you have a time issue. I cant speak for the 50s and up. But once you hit 40 no matter how great or young you feel or look, a heartbreak will make you feel your age. And time is not on your side. If Im wrong, let other 40+ people chime in and say if I am wrong or right

Live in day tight compartments. Meaning, close the door to the past and close the door to the future. There is NOTHING we can do about the past and worrying about the future also brings nothing.

The best you can do is get through today... try to enjoy it... try to remember that it is your life! If it was your last day on earth, you wouldn't want to be sad. You would realize that the main thing is that you have air in your lungs and a roof over your head. You have the most important things that you need.

You'll get through this.

Stick with NC... i dont think I could have made so much progress in just 2 weeks without it.

Regarding Facebook: You should block her. You can go into your privacy settings and add her to your 'Block List'

The good thing about this features is that if you have mutual Facebook friends, you will not see Wall posts made by her for these friends. The only way you would be able to was if you went and unblocked her. But I hope that in the split second of delay while you go to unblock her, you have an epiphany and realize that its stupid for you to contact her.

I'm in my 5th week of nc now. Some days are good and some are bad. Today is a bad one.

Mine was a 2 year relationship. I wish I could flick a switch and forget and be happy again, days like today seem like they are never going to end,

Snoopydog, I feel you and everyone who is trying to heal. Our road seems a lot tougher than our Xs. I have my good and bad days, but by far the good outnumber the bad, but the bad ones pack a punch. Im just really disheartened how she never had to lay any pain down at the altar of love for the price of her happiness, and I still cry every so often. We have a journey, its not going to be easy meanwhile she is already sitting in first class enjoying her time. Its not fair, but you know what, we will be stronger for doing it and she will not truly be happy, only jump from guy to guy needing them for her happiness, sooner or later, it will catch up. But I cant worry about that. Its about me, not her. We can do this journey, its going to suck, but we can do this

I'm in my 5th week of nc now. Some days are good and some are bad. Today is a bad one.

Mine was a 2 year relationship. I wish I could flick a switch and forget and be happy again, days like today seem like they are never going to end,

I feel you. I am starting my 3rd week and I've had some surprisingly good days where I felt happy and satisfied, but then days like today, I wake up and feel sad again. I'll be glad when that's over. Love is such a dangerous game.

On days like today, I wonder a lot about my ex. I wonder how it can be so easy for her not to contact me... but then again, I'm also not contacting her... I wonder if she's thinking the same thing...

That is exactly what I have said to myself a thousand times in my head, it seems it's so much harder for us than for the ex who left us. I truly hope you are right my friend and that we end up stronger people. If there is justice maybe one day our ex's will feel our pain when they get left behind by someone they love dearly.

Thank god I found this place... It's kept me sane at least.

What is halting my progress is when I stop and think about her and how happy she is... I know she is going out a lot. And also what you said, how can she not miss me half as much as I miss her?

Part of me still secretly hopes she will return. I know I will be healed when that hope finally goes away.

Archived