More time alone together.

KevinR

My girlfriend and I have been together going on two months now. Everything is going very well, with only one complaint. We don't spend enough time together alone.

I've been the one who has set up chances for her and I to spend time alone together, so far she hasn't done the same. It feels to me like it's not as much of a priority to her, but it is to me. We do see each other often, but almost always at a mutual friend's house. This I enjoy, but I'd be much happier if there was a night or two per week where it was just us.

I'm going to be with her on Thursday night alone definitely. My idea is to bring it up then (I'll probably say something like "This is nice, having it be just you and I, I think we should do it more often.") Is this a good idea?

Most definitely. Let her know alone time is a priority to you, and maybe she'll want to spend more alone time with you! She may not know you'd prefer to spend more alone time (as she might not have a preference about whether the time she spends with you is alone or if its with other people).

I'm going to be with her on Thursday night alone definitely. My idea is to bring it up then (I'll probably say something like "This is nice, having it be just you and I, I think we should do it more often.") Is this a good idea?

Yes, it's a great idea. You need to express that you are uncomfortable to your gf. I already know you don't want to be miserable in your relationship from reading your post.

I'd say be a little more direct with her as well. You've got to be. If she doesn't know how important it is to you she may not make it that important, and you might end up resenting that. Gotta make it more clear. How bout something like the gist of this....

We do see each other often, but almost always at a mutual friend's house. This I enjoy, but I'd be much happier if there was a night or two per week where it was just us.

Archived