My ex is really confusing me.

He hated my guts last week and didn't want to have anything to do with me. He didn't want to talk to me or see me ever again.

A week and a half later, I get an email telling me he wants to see our daughter, again. I tell him to let me know when he wanted to start his visitation again. Ever since then he has been emailing and texting me. I have 100+ texts from him since last Wed.

I haven't been iniating contact because I didn't need to tell him anything about our daughter. But he has been sending me messages asking me how my day is going, how our daughter is doing, letting me know about his job, telling me he may be moving to VA (without his fiance and her son), etc.

I was talking to my girlfriends about it tonight and they seem to think he still has feelings for me, but doesn't think we could work out any of our issues.

I don't think they are right. I just don't know why he has to tell me things about his personal life when we aren't together.

I think your friends are probably right, that he is still dealing with some feelings for you. Didn't he jump very quickly into this relationship/engagement with the new woman? I don't know if him having some residual feelings though means that he would like to get back with you though. I guess the bigger question would be, would you want to take him back after all that he has put you through? I am not passing judgment in asking that, just a question

I think your friends are probably right, that he is still dealing with some feelings for you. Didn't he jump very quickly into this relationship/engagement with the new woman? I don't know if him having some residual feelings though means that he would like to get back with you though. I guess the bigger question would be, would you want to take him back after all that he has put you through? I am not passing judgment in asking that, just a question

Yes, he did jump very quickly into his new relationship/engagment. Move in with her the day he ended our relationship and then engaged 2 mons later.

As for me taking him back, I dont think I can. Too much damage has been done.

Well I know this has to be very hard since you have a kid and need to keep it civil. I know you aren't initiating, but are you responding to all those texts he is sending you? This is how it was with my ex and I...I never initiated, he did all the time, and I responded. So he kept doing it (still does to some extent). But if you really don't want to deal with him other than about your child, and you have no desire to get back with him, I think you could ignore a lot of those texts if you are not already. Maybe that would help you to move forward some, like I said, I know this has to be very tough for you. Hang in there!

Thank you. I ignore alot of the texts. The one about him moving, I answered because that will effect our daughter. I was so tempted to respond to him when he said he may be going alone. I fought that temptation. Part of me wanted to know why she wasn't going with him if he was getting a permanent promotion for work. But its none of my business.

After last night's text about my ex possibly moving without his fiancee and her son, I get mutiple calls and texts all day today, I ignored them except for the last one. He left a message asking me about our daughter and letting me know who he was pulling for in Super Bowl. I responded to him via text letting him know our daughter was ok. He then tells me that he drove by my home at 7PM EST but I wasnt home. I told him we were home now if he wanted to come by. He said probably not, but he will try to come back during the week. Im more confused because he is a HUGE football fan and should have been home watching the game, not crusing through my neighborhood. Im also wondering, if I would have answered the phone when he called at 7 if he would tell me he would be waiting for me to come home.

Archived