Feeling very low lately.

babygirl3253

It's been three weeks since my 3 year relationship ended. I no longer talk to my ex at all and have no desire to ever again.

I've been feeling lonelier than I have ever felt in my life and it is one of the worst feelings in the world. I feel like I have no one to talk to. Although I have friends and family I still feel completely by myself.

I used to talk to my ex about everything and anything, including things which I never spoke to anyone else about. I trusted him more than I've ever trusted anyone before. Three years is a while to be dating someone and I shared and gave so much to him. Now that it's over I feel like a part of me is missing. It's so depressing not to have anyone there the same way they used to be for you. The break up broke my heart. He hurt me so bad to the point where I don't think I can speak to him again.

I feel like I will never find someone to love the same way and that breaks my heart even more. I feel upset for even posting something on this website because it just shows I have absolutely no one to turn to and trust the same way I did with my ex.

There are times when I feel fine, when i'm in class or walking around my college talking to people and friends.... when I don't have time to think about it. When I am by myself and before I go to sleep at night is when it hurts the most. Has anyone ever felt this way? Feeling completely alone?

I'm sure a lot of people aren't even going to respond to this even after reading it but I just felt like I had to say what was on my mind because it hurts a lot.

Sorry for your losses. Three years is definitely a long time to try to recover from. You start thinking about all of those things you used to do, things you two used to share and how good things were. Then you get to the point where you start asking yourself, "What happened? Why did it end up the way it did?" Questions sometimes without answer for them... It's going to hurt for a little while, but just know that good time does heal wounds and will heal you if you allow it to. And I'm sure as from every relationship we go through there's always lessons to take along with us to the next. And this isn't to invalidate how you feel, but hopefully you'll stay encouraged whenever your heart allows you too and look to the sky.

I felt the same way, and continue to. I didn't date my ex for nearly as long as you did yours, but the effects of breakup have lasted a lot longer than I've wanted them to. To me, when it happened, no matter what friends said no one could fathom the pain I was going through. People tried to help, but what I was going through was something people couldn't understand. The feelings of loneliness and emptiness are just awful and I really am sorry for what you're going through right now. I assume by what you've said its over. I know its cliche, but time can heal, if you allow it. This means, don't sit around and dwell on the past and on what you had. Don't think about the past and what you had, just realize that it fell apart for a reason. But, as of right now, try as much as you can to keep yourself busy. Find that friend that can cheer you up and keep your mind busy. Maybe get involved in something at night so that you're not spending so much time thinking about him (because your thinking about it will never change whats happened). It may seem to you that loving someone else would be impossible and it will continue to feel that way. I know I feel like I'll never find anyone still. But, these things happen when you least expect them to and it will happen again months down the road when you are ready to date again. I hope you feel better and as awful and lonely as it may seem to post here, it does help IMO! So feel free to post away on whats going through your head and life!

Ah I understand exactly how you feel right now. I'm going through the same thing, although its been 3 months since the break up. It gets better and then it gets worse. Friends and family never seem to quite understand what your going to but they can help keep you busy when you just need to keep your mind off of it.

My biggest challange will be next weekend. Seems like everyone I know is either working, going on holiday or spending it with their other half... just so happens it coincides with valentine's day too... what fun

But like i said, some weeks are worse then others. It takes a lot of time but we'll get there in the end. Let me know how it goes.

There are times when I feel fine, when i'm in class or walking around my college talking to people and friends.... when I don't have time to think about it. When I am by myself and before I go to sleep at night is when it hurts the most. Has anyone ever felt this way? Feeling completely alone?

I'm pretty much the same way. The big difference being is that I've never been in a relationship before at all. I'm 30--never dated, never kissed, never been hugged, etc. I've learned to live a relatively normal life on the surface, but I "feel" the loneliness more when I go to sleep at night. I wonder what it would be like to fall asleep next to someone, what it would be like to share my experiences with someone else intimately.

I'm not sure what I can lend in the way of advice. I would perhaps try to focus on the positives. All relationships eventually come to an end (death ensures that) so all we can do is cherish the good times as they happen.

Archived