The girl I like keeps confusing me.

igetsoconfused

There is this girl I've gone off the deep end for at school (we're both juniors), but she keeps sending me mixed signals. Anyway at the beginning of the semester she used to come sit at my table in the mornings, but neither one of use would say much more than "hi", partially because I was to shy to say anything. About 3 weeks ago she stopped sitting next to me, but still says "hi" or glances at me when we pass in the hallway. We never see each other much except in between classes or at lunch because we don't share any classes so I never get time to be around her to try and break the ice. Anyways I will come by and try to hangout with her at lunch and we will talk a bit but her friends usually drag her away. To make matters worse every time we start to talk more or she loosens up a bit, she clams up on me. For example every time I try to help her when something happens (like when someone spilled applesauce on her bag, she just says she doesn't want any help but keeps glancing at me like she wants me to help. I just get so confused by her, every time she dose something that say she likes me she contradicts it with something else. And, on top of everything else valentines day is coming up and I want to do something for her but I don't want to make my self look like an idiot if she doesn't like me or come on too strong. My friends say that it would be easy if I just told her that I like her but that's easier said than done. So, does anyone have any advice for me? (Especially from a girls point of view)

Thanks.

I think that she's interested in you but is either playing games with you or she's too shy to indicate that she likes you. If it's the former, don't mess with her anymore but if it's the latter, I say try to initiate something in small incriments to see if she likes you in the same way. To really know if she's playing games with you, try to see how she interacts with other people, especially guys. If she's doing the same thing that she's doing to you, find someone else. If she doesn't, proceed slowly.

For the Valentine's thing, maybe surprising her with candy or a flower would work. Those things don't really have strong strings attached when it comes to attraction. They are more viewed as a nice gesture. If she sees that your making somekind of effort to get her to like you more, she may warm up to you, she may not. You'll never know until it happens.

Archived