how to deal with someone who flirts one minute and then clams up the next??

sweet_lady

so this guy who i've been friends with has invited me to his place, i helped him with some homework, we watched the nba game basically ended off good. We hugged eachother bye and then gave me a flirtatious butt tap. Anyhoo, days go by and today he totally clams up... * * * ?! i'm confused...HELP anyone!!!

Did you give him indication that you're interested in speeding things up with him? Is this someone you want to date? Does he have a girlfriend? Could he possibly have a girlfriend that you don't know about?

i feel like lots of people go through this all of the time, and the way i would resolve it is flirt right back and see how he takes it.

do you call/text him?

It's obvious from your post that he's remotely interested otherwise he wouldn't joke with the butt tap or hug you goodbye.

Why not take control of the situation and shoot him over a flirty text (harmless enough) to see how he responds!

good luck!

He's either gaming you or he's confused, for any number of reasons, which might include losing a friend, if this were to proceed further.

Step back and let him come to you. If he doesn't, there's no use pursuing someone who isn't all in.

When he flirts with you, flirt back. If he doesn't, keep it to platonic friends so he feels in control of the pace. In the interim, keep dating around so you haven't put all your eggs into one basket, a basket that is currently pretty leaky, since it's based on one flirtatious action.

Archived