I CAN'T get over him! Help!

Some of you may remember my thread a while back, talking about the troubles I was having with my now ex-fiance. We broke up because we finally realized that we both wanted different things in life that we wouldn't budge on. I wanted to move to a small town and raise children, he didn't want to have kids. He was a great fiance to me, but faith and family were at the bottom on his priority list, osmething I found unacceptable. when we broke up, Shane moved out, and went on a trip to Alaska with his cousins. That was several months ago, and he has not attempted to contact me since. This hurts just a little. Do I ever cross his mind at all? Why did he never try to get in touch with me? I have not seen or heard from him since the day we broke up...Did I matter so little to him? I think about him every day, when I wake up, and when I go to sleep. I do not want to get back together with him. But why do I keep thinking about him?

how could you not think about him? someone you've invested so much time with. someone you've connected with on the most intimate of levels. someone who has been your closest friend. breakups are strange. these people that we've spent time with almost seem to turn into phantoms. it sometimes feels like they were never there at all...like someone has come along and cut all the intricate little threads that once tied you together. it's so strange.

i can't imagine not thinking of the people that have been in my life. it's been a little over a year since my last relationship ended, and she still floats through my mind most days. it's not a painful experience. there's no longing. i do wonder though, how she's doing. how can one expect to just cut that person out completely. there are so many things that connect us.

i think it's safe to say that you are in his thoughts at times. letting go is a different process for all of us. perhaps what he needs is to be physically free of you.

have you ever thought about just saying hello sometime? maybe it's still to fresh for that.

Archived