Do you get irritated by thinking too much?

DazB

ALLLLL THHHHHE TIIIIIIME!!!! OMG, im glad to know that im not alone!! I am a huge worrier (always thinking "what if"). Overthinking has affected my ability to have fun as well and has kept me from taking certain risks in life. Wouldnt it be nice if there was a magic pill for it? Well, i know some people use alcohol and illegal drugs to temporarily stop this problem but thats not my cup of tea.

You need to practice mindfulness. It's what saved me! Otherwise, one's own head can be a really noisy place!!

edit; here's a primer

link removed

and here

link removed

Note: I have no affliation with this particular website, I just found it, looked at it and thought it was good. Google around, there's lots out there

Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much

as your own unguarded thoughts.

Buddha

I have this problem too, especially lately--way too much on my mind. And the thing is, no amount of thinking will solve anything that I want solved. It's just a waste of time. I too wish there were an on/off switch because it just gets ridiculous.

The only thing that really works for me is to keep busy and always try to have plans for what I'm doing with my day. But that gets stressful in itself.

Archived