Recently I have been thinking a lot about a serious ex girlfriend/first love I had but we broke up about two years ago and I haven't spoken a word to her probably for about a year and a half. I'm dreaming about her, thinking about her, and starting to think I'm still in love with her or something!?

The only reason I can think that this is happening is because I was told she is engaged and getting married, but that was about six months ago and I had really no reaction whatsoever. I thought/believe I am completely through with the relationship and feelings for her, and am completely confused as to why my feelings are coming back after such a long time. I've had plenty of new relationships since then although nothing super serious.

Has anyone experienced the same thing or offer insight as to why I''m thinking about her all the time?

First loves, you never really get over them completely. Bad news for me! Anyway... It sounds like you never established another serious relationship with another girl. Until you keep riding on a string of casual relationships/sexual encounters, you're not going to get over her.

It might also be that you're finally realizing how much she meant to you. You might have went on in life thinking she wasn't all that at first, that there are plenty of other "fun" girls to explore... Then you realize that the sweet girl you have been trying so hard to forget was in the back of your mind the whole time.

Archived