She says she need "me" time..

guynextdoor

Been dating this woman for a couple of months. We don't see each other that much, once a week, she spends the night and we cuddle. She states she has feelings for me and like wise. We get along very well and text daily.

Lately it seems like she's crabby, maybe its the time of the month, not sure. I asked her how she was feeling today and she states that she has alot on her plate. I offered if there is anything I could do to help and she said no. Then she states that she needs "me" time, I'm take that as alone time. Since I don't read minds I asked her if we should spend less time hanging out and talk less and she said yes.

I think I'm getting the boot to the curb considering we only hang out one night a week. What do you ena'ers think? V-day is coming up and I bought her some sexy stuff from VS, should I hang on to it or return it?

It doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't have feelings for you, but I do think that sexy stuff from VS is out of line with the pace of your relationship. I would return it also and stick to something much more simple.

Just back off and stay busy and see if she comes around...or you can intiate later. Sometimes we do tend to neglect other duties because we think about our partners too much (I do that). I told my boyfriend I want to see him less so I can focus more on myself, but the truth is I actually am starting to get strong feelings for him. So it has nothing to do with my heart, I just need to use my head sometimes. Maybe she's trying to be practical as well...?

Only way to know is to give her space and stay busy.

She just started school and works full time and I can see why she has alot on her plate. I asked her in the past if we can hang out more often and her response was that she has to go home and take care of her dog.

When we do hang out for that one day a week it was good, we do couple stuff. Never argued, and like I said text daily. No signs of anything going wrong which is why I'm at lost why she needs a break.

She just started school and works full time and I can see why she has alot on her plate. I asked her in the past if we can hang out more often and her response was that she has to go home and take care of her dog.

In general, be very careful about acting needy. Who of you is usually initiating contact?

When we do hang out for that one day a week it was good, we do couple stuff. Never argued, and like I said text daily. No signs of anything going wrong which is why I'm at lost why she needs a break. could be plenty of reasons.

Sometimes things just fades once the initial attraction goes away. Perhaps she is stressed. Maybe you are too needy towards her, or perhaps the relationship has become a bit boring already.

Nevertheless, if she don't want to talk to you about it, then there is not much you can do.

Precious I don't think its necessary as I feel she took the cowards way out of it. Texting instead of calling is weak way out of things. Do I want to know why I got kicked to the curb? Yes and no, maybe its best that I don't find out and move on. Either way its gonna linger in my head. ](*,)

In general, be very careful about acting needy. Who of you is usually initiating contact?

There could be plenty of reasons.

Sometimes things just fades once the initial attraction goes away. Perhaps she is stressed. Maybe you are too needy towards her, or perhaps the relationship has become a bit boring already.

Nevertheless, if she don't want to talk to you about it, then there is not much you can do.

i dont really agree with this, how are you needy for wanting a "relationship" and the things that come with one? Once a week if that, thats not a relationship!!!

In my eyes even if you are busy you should find comfort in your partner , when stressed, and always create time for that person because your into them. Sure everybody needs time to themselves, but in your situation seems like she doesnt give you time with in the first place.... you dont seem to be a priority.

If she does like you and really is busy, fine, but maybe you two are just different personalities and want different things.

What bothers me is what she said to me and her actions are different. We sorta dated a few years back but had to end it because we had some loose ends we had to take care of. A few years past and she said still never forgotten me and that we have this chemistry that she never really had with someone else. Tell me if thats not misleading..

i dont really agree with this, how are you needy for wanting a "relationship" and the things that come with one? Once a week if that, thats not a relationship!!!

I never meant that one is needy just by wanting a relationship, or just by asserting one need for more communication. Often, neediness has less to do with what you want, but rather HOW you deal with your need.

Trying to get something from someone in a relationship, very often leads to the complete opposite result - the other person draws away.

• 2 weeks later...
What bothers me is what she said to me and her actions are different. We sorta dated a few years back but had to end it because we had some loose ends we had to take care of. A few years past and she said still never forgotten me and that we have this chemistry that she never really had with someone else. Tell me if thats not misleading..

GND, Move on

Archived