The last few days I've heard some home truths which have not only helped a few things really sink in, but have helped me to gain some perspective and begin my final journey AWAY from my ex. I'll post them here. If anyone has others, then feel free to add them.

1. If she had loved me, she would NEVER have lied to me like she did. You don't lie and deceive someone you truly love.

2. If she loved me, she'd be with me. End of story. So she doesn't love me.

3. This..

I'm moving on... who's with me?

Actions speak louder than words. If mine had have loved me like she said she did, she would have put up with my hour-long "mood", instead of telling me she was going to drive me home and wasn't going to put up with it.

Actions speak louder than words, if this person really was worth it, they would have stuck around during that ONE hard time, instead of trying to dump me straight away.

Hi Rob,

One that helped me.

What is the the logic of wanting to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you, answer none.

Meant to comment on Jet's post, remember it and I think offers a lot to oneself

Keep on truck on brotha

Cheers R

That's actually a really good point that Jettison makes, that if you take somebody back after they've dissed you, the expectations for your behaviour are raised, and the expectations for their behaviour are lowered.

In other words, you set a precedent that it is okay for them to treat you like that.

After the first argument my ex and i had, i apologized for "hurting her". I didn't apologize for my actions, because one thing led to another and we were both in the wrong. I now realise she arrogantly assumed i was apologizing for the whole thing... Agh, that makes me angry! But, at the same time, i will turn poison into medicine by:

1. making sure i communicate clearly next time

2. Finding somebody with the emotional maturity who actually wants to talk and sort things out, rather than passively wait for somebody else to do it, or lay blame.

Oh, the lessons, the lessons!

If my ex said he still cares, he would not have abandon me ( because he knows that I had issues and would really like to talk to someone, who I trust)

If he is worried for my well being, he would at least give me a call or text me when I was sick and admidted to the hospital ( we're supposed to chat that day when I had to be admited to the hospital, send an email telling him that I can't chat , going to hospital) . He replied my email , hope you're ok, talk soon.Heard nothing for 3 days. JERK !

If he's guilty, HE BETTER BE!! I have no idea what kind of person he turns into. Havent seen his selfish side before.

My ex said she didn't love me anymore, and confessed she has feelings for someone else. How could I take that back? She made her choice.

One thing that scares me is of repeating mistakes in my next relationship. Hopefully my next partner will be more open to talking about our problems and working through them like adults.

My ex said she didn't love me anymore, and confessed she has feelings for someone else. How could I take that back? She made her choice.

One thing that scares me is of repeating mistakes in my next relationship. Hopefully my next partner will be more open to talking about our problems and working through them like adults.

My exact same situation. I also wish she had communicated me earlier on about problems or concerns rather than keeping it in and then seeking out someone with whom she thought she'd be happier.

The last few days I've heard some home truths which have not only helped a few things really sink in, but have helped me to gain some perspective and begin my final journey AWAY from my ex. I'll post them here. If anyone has others, then feel free to add them.

1. If she had loved me, she would NEVER have lied to me like she did. You don't lie and deceive someone you truly love.

2. If she loved me, she'd be with me. End of story. So she doesn't love me.

3. This..

I'm moving on... who's with me?

Im with you! The desire in any way shape or form to go back to my ex is nearing its death, and I am looking forward to that.

Archived