What do women buy for their boyfriends on Valentine's day?

Malakh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been at a loss as to what to get my boyfriend of a year and a half for V-day..i'm pregnant, so I can't really go with the 'sexy time' gift..lingerie and the like..so i'm surprising him with a section dedicated to him with a picture of us in the local news paper. I know he'll love it..i'm just not sure what I should say in the paragraph..I should get to brain storming!

I could care less if he gets me anything..although I know he will.

For a guy for Valentine's Day, I usually bake him something and buy myself some trashy lingerie or something, like crotchless chonies and do some awesome sexual things. It depends though. I'm single this year and haven't decided who my Valentine(s) is yet. I'm excited though. I love Valentine's Day. It's so fun.

link removed

It must follow that this is because of the demands imposed by their girlfriends.

By the way, is this adjusted for wage difference between man and women, number of hours spent on housework (women twice as much as men), and number of children carried?

No, but seriously, I feel that this is really unfair. First of all, money spent does not equal thoughtfulness or quality. Secondly, this thread was started with the explicit statement of "I see women demanding things for V-day and men getting nothing in return. Prove me wrong". And this is a bit offensive honestly, as it makes thinly veiled unkind assumptions about women.

I'm glad that all the women on this thread have proved the OP wrong. And if a man feels that Valentine's Day is unjust, he can choose not to spend any money on his girlfriend, or 5 dollars. I don't know any woman over the age of thirteen who wouldn't rather her boyfriend serve her a candlelit dinner and give her a homemade card than give her a giant expensive teddy that will sit in a closet forever.

I really don't care about V-Day either. It's a marketing thing. Someone else mentioned that things are super expensive, dinner, flowers, etc. Why spend all that dough when you can go out the next night?

I'm with a guy for 2 months. I don't know how he feels about V-Day so I bought him some chocolate truffles and will make some chocolate chip cookies for him. Plus a card. Not too much. I have no idea what he will do if anything. No big.

This year a weekend at a four-star hotel, breakfast in bed for two days, two nights of dinner reservations, a massage and fun in the Catskills. He goes all out for the other holidays so it's my turn and the planning has been difficult since everything is geared toward women for Valentine's day. Managed to get it all though for 120.00 thanks to priceline

hey guys, guess what? I found an answer to my question in Nordstrom

I went to Nordstrom today evening to purchase a cologne for myself. A woman standing next to me was purchasing Dissey Miyake Cologne and gift set for her BF

And of course then came the embarrassing moment.. The cashier rang me up and asked "anything for your woman?" and I said "no. I am single" I really need to get a girlfriend at least before next Valentine's day.

This year a weekend at a four-star hotel, breakfast in bed for two days, two nights of dinner reservations, a massage and fun in the Catskills. He goes all out for the other holidays so it's my turn and the planning has been difficult since everything is geared toward women for Valentine's day. Managed to get it all though for 120.00 thanks to priceline

Wow! Sounds great. I hope you guys have a great time!

For the women out there who is stressin over this I can tell you from a guys perspective we don't expect anything for V-day.. really. If we can get a good bj or romp action we be happy.

I can't think of any store bought item that a guy would rather have over a good bj...lol!

Archived