Ok, so she broke up with 11 days ago because of some fights we have been having recently, mostly due to bad communication on both of our parts. We have been together for about 2 years with no major problems. I went into No Contact immediately after in hopes of her missing me and getting her back. Well I found out through a mutual friend that she misses me greatly and feels she made a big mistake. For the last few days she has been trying to call me to make up but is apparently too nervous to hear how I will respond. I really want her to call so we can work things out but it seems like she is frozen in fear. Also, she doesnt know that im aware of her regretful feelings. So my question is, should I keep waiting for her to call or should I contact her?

I am new here, and I may have the understanding of the no contact concept entirely wrong. Forgive me in advance if this is so.

However, I took NC to be a tool one uses to help move forward and heal, not to force someone's hand (although I could easily see myself in a situation wherein I would wish to do just such a thing, not judging you at all, Anon). It would seem to me if part of your trouble as a couple was lack of good communication, not speaking just to stand on circumstance at this point would be a poor idea for both of you.

I think you should talk, compare notes on what happened and why, and what the future should hold for you both. And if you decide to continue the break up, then you know you have addressed the decision as fully as you can and together - instead of being left to wonder and feel that horrid lack of closure on such a significant relationship in your life.

Ok, so she broke up with 11 days ago because of some fights we have been having recently, mostly due to bad communication on both of our parts. We have been together for about 2 years with no major problems. I went into No Contact immediately after in hopes of her missing me and getting her back. Well I found out through a mutual friend that she misses me greatly and feels she made a big mistake. For the last few days she has been trying to call me to make up but is apparently too nervous to hear how I will respond. I really want her to call so we can work things out but it seems like she is frozen in fear. Also, she doesnt know that im aware of her regretful feelings. So my question is, should I keep waiting for her to call or should I contact her?

I always think NC is the best way to go.. but in your situation, it doesn't seem like it would be too bad to reach out and show that the bridge isn't burned.. But, watch yourself, because you could be stepping into a position to get really hurt if she doesn't want to get back together after all.

Basically she has problems opening up which leads her to bottle stuff up and eventually explode. So when she is upset about something she doesnt tell me and therefore i dont know something is wrong. On my end, I open op about problems but I usually start a stupid fight to get the conversation going. This happens more often than it should.

We def have to work on these issues if its going to work. I just dont know if I should reach out or wait for her to do so.

Archived