She's sending mixed signals again...

sortaconfused

I posted about this situation a while ago but I just ran into this girl a few minutes ago and I'm very very confused about what to do from here forward.

She made reference to a time a while ago when somebody told her that I had a crush on her. After telling me this she said 'uhh awkward' but I don't know what she meant by that... was it awkward that her friend brought it up or was it awkward that it's true...?

This was months ago at this point, and I'm not sure why she brought it up just now. I feel like at this point she either knows that I like her and is ok with it, or maybe even likes me too.... or she disregarded what that person said and wants absolutely nothing to do with me.

Recently I've been really close to having the courage to just ask her out but then this just happened and if she meant that latter of the two... then I'm going to look like a complete idiot.

-SC

I really hope that's the case but it's weighing hard on me that it could be the other thing too... I'm really bad at this kinda stuff and I'm wicked paranoid I don't know how I would even bring it up if I was going to ask her out, I lock up and don't know what to say if I even think about something like that when I'm around her... I just feel like I'm going to come accross as wicked awkward or creepy... Any ideas?

-SC

Believe me I understand mixed signals. I get them a lot. The girl who can’t seem to stay away from you and finds any excuse to come over and talk to you or be around you but always has to make it seem she has a “legit” reason so it doesn’t look so obvious that she is doing it just to see you.

The girl who looks at you and then looks away when you turn your head in her direction and does this repeatedly. The girl who tells you how special you are and always wants to text you or IM you to see how you’re doing. The girl who seems to care too much about whether something she said upset you or not and now you may not want to talk to her anymore.

The girl who compliments you, laughs at everything you do or say, always wants to touch you or give you a hug. The girl who thinks you’re the best, the sweetest, the nicest guy ever.

I could go on and on because so many send much stronger signals than that. But there is an instinct that I think we all have for recognizing even the most subtle hints of attraction in a person’s body language. Yet some of these same girls will deny attraction and even reject you. Then they’ll come around again and try to do everything in their power to get you to talk to them and pay attention to them again.

But from what you wrote I don’t see any signs of mixed signals on this girl’s part. It’s odd that she would mention you having a crush on her. I’ll admit that. I would just say it sounds like she isn’t really interested. Behavior trumps words every time. If she had the chance to hang with you and it was important to her she would have gone through hell or high water to make sure she was there or contact you to explain why she was not.

You don’t let anything stand in the way of spending time with someone you really like.

Archived