Not sure how to break out of this

cbh1979

I've been having a lot of trouble within the past couple of months with feelings of loneliness and just not thinking I matter. I'd sit around and get upset, wondering if my "friends" even remembered I existed. I'd constantly check my email and be on Facebook, waiting for someone to ask how things were with me. No one did.

I'm at a loss at this point. I feel forgotten about, which means I wasn't terribly important to begin with. I'm afraid if I can't get out of this I'll decide its not worth it at all. I mean, I could've dropped off the face of the earth weeks ago, and none of my "friends" would even know.

Any advice? Thanks for reading...it's nice to have a place like this to go to when you feel like there is no one to turn to.

Well, I realized that I was the one initiating contact all the time, and the last few times I've written I haven't gotten a response. So, I wanted to just wait and see if they got in touch with me. Unfortunately they haven't, and I don't know how not to take that personally. I ran into one on New Years, and she promised to write. She hasn't. I wish I could just brush that off, but I don't know how to.

I realize people get busy and have lots going on, but when no one seems to remember you're still around...I don't know. What if I write and they don't respond? I'm afraid of that, too.

Archived