My Girlfriends parents are splitting up...

kris_palmer

Hi, my girlfriends parents are splitting up and she's spending a lot of time with her mum recently. Before this, we would be together all of the time and do everything together, now it just seems as if she'd prefer to do all that with her mum. i feel really left out, but know that she needs to be there for her mum. I feel like such an arse even feeling this way, but I can't help it. I want to be there for her more than anything but it's getting harder to ignore my feelings. I've tried talking to her about it but this doesn't help.

What she's going through right now is much harder than your missing her. Not that I think it's easy to miss her like you do. Im sure it's a hard time for you both. Just look at it as an opportunity to show her how much you love her by being patient and understanding.

What she's going through right now is much harder than your missing her. Not that I think it's easy to miss her like you do. Im sure it's a hard time for you both. Just look at it as an opportunity to show her how much you love her by being patient and understanding.

Precisely.

Be there for her AND her Mom if at all possible. She will never forget the support because your gf needs it too. Adult or not, it's hard as a child to see your parents separate so she needs the support as well.

Tell her you understand her need to be there for her Mom and remind her that you are there for both of them. Offer to help in any way you can.

Archived