Why would she delete me from FB?

Hey guys. My gf and I ended things 2 weeks ago. She told me she really still wanted to be friends since we were "better" as friends. I of course didn't want that, at least for now. I found out yesterday that she put up a status about my favorite band, and I didn't comment on it.

Last night, she completely deleted me from her facebook. Why would she do this since she said she wanted to be friends so bad after the break up? Was that just an easy way of letting me go?

I'm completely over this girl now, but I just find it weird that she would do that since she keeps everyone she adds on facebook.

you're completely over her and the breakup just happened 2 weeks ago?

me personally, whether the dumped or dumpee, would not keep my ex on facebook. many people drop the friend line in the beginning. it's probably dependent on a person's personality, how they react.

i for one, did not EVER go digging around my ex's FB or myspace after we separated. way too much unecessary torture, if you ask me.

Many people feel a compulsion to check up on what their exes are doing once they break up. Facebook has made this very easy. The problem is that this can also be very painful. People start searching for meaning in every little update or online movement.

Most people on ENA recommend the no contact method. This involves not not seeing the person face-to-face, no phone calls and deleting the ex from any online networks. It helps the person heal without the constant reminders.

I'd say this is what your ex is attempting.

Why is FB so important to everyone? What difference does it make? What did we do before FB, cell phones and texting? People went through the same stuff but we weren't so hyper aware of things that just make situations like this worse.

I say ignore all of it and focus on healing yourself. Who cares about FB? Did you friendship or relationship start and rely on FB when you both were in those states?

Sorry - the FB stuff just makes me nutso.

she's probably wanting to move on, maybe doesn't want you checking her page, which is probably for the best. Do you really want to know if she is starting things with another dude for example?

My ex who dumped me in Oct, never removed me from facebook, I ended up removing her, because i was constantly looking at her page, the final straw came when she added 5 new people 3 were guys, and I was like, who are these guys, whats going on? Not good.

I often wonder how she reacted to me removing her, or if she was even bothered? 6 years together gone.... Sad really.

Many people feel a compulsion to check up on what their exes are doing once they break up. Facebook has made this very easy. The problem is that this can also be very painful. People start searching for meaning in every little update or online movement.

Most people on ENA recommend the no contact method. This involves not not seeing the person face-to-face, no phone calls and deleting the ex from any online networks. It helps the person heal without the constant reminders.

I'd say this is what your ex is attempting.

I agree. Since the GF and I broke up, I had my roommate change my FB password because I really didnt want to know what the Ex was up to because i know it would drive me crazy. As for her, she found it easier just to delete you.

Why is FB so important to everyone? What difference does it make? What did we do before FB, cell phones and texting? People went through the same stuff but we weren't so hyper aware of things that just make situations like this worse.

I say ignore all of it and focus on healing yourself. Who cares about FB? Did you friendship or relationship start and rely on FB when you both were in those states?

Sorry - the FB stuff just makes me nutso.

Agree 100%. While 'social networking' has it's place, it's a ridiculous nightmare in break up land. People freak out over the most meaningless things, and this is why:

link removed

who broke up with who? my ex left me and after a month of seeing her updates i blocked her. its for the best if you want to get on with your life. you need to feel that they do not exist anymore.

dont see how you can be over someone in 2 weeks. for starters you are posting on here about her.why care about what she is doing?and secondly cant have been that serious relationship that it take 2 weeks to get over her. first month of my breakup i could barely sleep or eat.

Archived